Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on a new bike - new 2014 TBird Storm w ABS. I've been flirting with getting something different and struck a deal yesterday. I'll take delivery next week and then I'll put the 1300 up for sale. That's the deal I had to make with the spouse; that and take her riding so adding a passenger backrest to the 'Bird. The 1300 is a great bike and should make the next owner very happy.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Very nice! I recently rode one and wish it would have been in my budget as it was one sweet bike. And they have some nice little touches that you don't realize until you notice it. Like the mirrors and adjusting them... Such a nice little setup!

Enjoy!

·
Registered
179 Posts
on a new bike - new 2014 TBird Storm w ABS. I've been flirting with getting something different and struck a deal yesterday. I'll take delivery next week and then I'll put the 1300 up for sale. That's the deal I had to make with the spouse; that and take her riding so adding a passenger backrest to the 'Bird. The 1300 is a great bike and should make the next owner very happy.
Good for you man. I took one on a 16 mile test ride recently. Good lord what a blast. Just an absolute gas riding that thing. I also really liked the Rocket III Tour I rode. Thats the bike that has had my attention for quite a while now in that line-up. Man, you want to talk about low-end grunt ? Yee Haw !!

Enjoy the new bike. IMHO you've made an excellent choice.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone! I'm excited to take delivery this Sunday and will post pics. I wanted to ride the 125 miles home but too much busy interstate for break in. So I have a trailer lined up.

Eric9 - this was out of my "want to spend" budget but there are some strong incentives on the '14s. And, life is short!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Still in the break in period but the power from the parallel twin 1700 is effortless. Right now, steering seems a tad heavy but still getting use to the bigger rear tire and drag bars. Definitely feels very stable. I'm a happy man!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts