Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there riding clubs for 'metric cruisers'? Is that the correct term?
If so, how do I find one?
I'm not a new rider - I've been riding since the '70s.
But I'm new to cruisers. That is, I'm shopping for a 950T.
I'm in SE Wisc, the weather sux right now... but riding weather is coming.
A typical day of riding for me is dawn to dusk on county highways; either with roadside attractions or possible photo opportunities along the way. Sometimes I'll go to a restaurant I've read about.

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
I'm sure there are M/C clubs near you (if your into that sort of thing) but also check out the regional thread section on this forum and look for members near you.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To be clear; I'm looking for fellow RIDERS.
I don't need to dress like a pirate to feel like a man...
I'm not going to be a pledge to anyone...
I know folks that want to see how far they can go in one day.
I know folks that want to see how fast they can take every corner.
I know I won't want to ride a 950T with either of them.

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Not a problem and I certainly wasn't trying to offend. My comment was merely to look on here for guys in your area that you might want to go on an occasional ride with.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I was looking for the same thing locally and found there are some riding clubs that set up rides, and invite non members to join them, on meetups.com or is it meetup.com. I'm old before my time lol. There were a few in my area so maybe there are some in yours too

sent from my virtual device

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As suggested, meetup.com has a few riding groups.
So thanks to all that suggested it.
I just had to make an alias facebook account to join em - something I've been meaning to do as more and more sites want you to 'sign in w/ FB', and I'm not going to give em all access to all my info, family and friends.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I googled the Star groups in your state, here's the list. check them out, for your closest group and welcome aboard.

WI State Ambassadors
Terry & Carol Pape
262-392-3767

[email protected]

Eau Claire, WI - Chapter 381
Daniel Hakes
715-579-3918
View Chapter Web Site
[email protected]

Madison, WI - Chapter 166
Levine Wetley Jr.
608-279-0341
View Chapter Web Site
[email protected]

Wisconsin Rapids, WI - Chapter 401
Andy Andres
715-423-0745
View Chapter Web Site
[email protected]

Milwaukee, WI - Chapter 372
Jerry Halliburton
414-313-3076
View Chapter Web Site
[email protected]

·
Registered
35 Posts
Are there riding clubs for 'metric cruisers'? Is that the correct term?
If so, how do I find one?
I'm not a new rider - I've been riding since the '70s.
But I'm new to cruisers. That is, I'm shopping for a 950T.
I'm in SE Wisc, the weather sux right now... but riding weather is coming.
A typical day of riding for me is dawn to dusk on county highways; either with roadside attractions or possible photo opportunities along the way. Sometimes I'll go to a restaurant I've read about.
Star Touring and Riding Association has a web site and a list of all chapters in your area. I've been riding with the local chapter out here and it's a great bunch of people. They come from all walks of life and just enjoy the ride. Look em up, won't cost you anything. Any brand of bike is welcome. Very safety oriented and family friendly. Best of all you don't have to look or act like a bad ass biker.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Can't believe no one's mentioned this.

http://www.lets-ride.com/event/wisconsin.htm

I go on a dozen random pick-up events a year from that. I just get the info and show up and register and ride. Poker runs, fund raisers, swap meets, veterans benefits, you name it. My schedule is pretty hairy so it's usually only 2-3 days notice before the weekend that I"m checking for events, I'd hate to pre-register and then not be able to go to something.

For events in your area, go here and click on your state: http://www.lets-ride.com/event/unitedstates.htm

*I am in no way affiliated with the lets-ride organization, it's just how I get out and ride for fun with a bunch of folks that have a similar interest. Also have never had anyone brand bashing or looking down on me because it's not an HD. Most of the events even have a sport bike or two.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I live NW Wi because we are in wisconsin where they make the mighty HD (HA)you sure see alot of them.We have great riding up here. I seen other one from Wi on we can make
our own riding club.You can check with your dealer sometime they have ride.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts