Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im ne and still leaening to navigate here.. im looking to find out how i locate which model number my bike is.. on title it only says 2008 YAMA 2WHL and VIN.. no "xvs (a)" i known ts a silverado clasic.. here are some pics.. thanks everyone..

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,428 Posts
The Vstar line came as two models, Classic and Custom. Quick difference, Classic has full fender front and rear with 16 inch front tire. Custom has smaller front and rear fender with 18 inch front tire. There are other differences but those are the easiest for me to ID an 1100 walking up to it. The Silverado was a package that included windshield and saddlebags.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the help.. i should have been more detailed in my question.. sorry about that.. i was meaning the numbers on the book and such.. i went to purchase something for the bike and and it had XVS11X(C) in the description.. i didnt know which mine was.. i do now though.. again thanks.. looked on the title and it just has XVS1100.. i still have no idea if its the Cali model as the book isnt the original one that came with it.. new pipes & jets so i guess it technically isnt the Cali model now anyway.. HA!!

ya Classic Silverado 1100 is the one i have.. thats what i had before this one too just an 05 instead of 08.. i love the Classic Silverado.. i have yet to have an actual issue that wasnt just me wanting to fix what wasnt broken AKA upgrade.. i rode the 05 to hell and back and the only things i had to do to it was change fluids and tires.. i waited a bit long to change the tires.. here is a pic of the rear tire after i made it across the country.. i got lucky it didnt blow..

·
2,488 Posts
Whoa, you got all the mileage out of that tire and then some.

·
Registered
2005 V-Star 1100 Classic
298 Posts
A title won't usually have a full model number on it. And the VIN won't give the full model either.

There is a label on the frame that will have it. Can't recall exactly where, but it was easy to find.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts