Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First change in a while. Found a rusted old Hypercharger, rebuilt and painted it....and added a few stripes and slapped it on the bike.

The bike is filthy....but the HC doesn't look too bad

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice job. Just for looks or functional?
It's semi-functional. I have the "Quiet Pods" set up that uses the stock base to the air box, so I was able to connect the HC hose to deliver cooler air up under the tank. I doubt it'll make any difference...but it sounded good...lol

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Went a little further and put my tank badges back on the bike, did a little lettering and striping on the side covers....

LOL..... headed to the V Star 1100 Riders forum Meet and Greet in Cloudcroft, NM in a couple weeks for a full week of riding with buddies from all over the USA. Wanting things to look their best. I actually even washed it yesterday for the first time in over a year.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK.... so the HC looked so good I needed to add something to the side covers too....

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Your baby cleans up nice. You should be a proud poppa...

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
finally got it out in the sun.....great day for riding today...

·
Super Moderator
6,377 Posts
Very nicely done Sick Mick. Stripes and no fenders look really sets it off. I'd love some blue skies and sunshine.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Fenders coming soon....

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You do nice pin stripe work. Too bad you live way out there... would like to watch you work.
I'm just a hack.....need more time to practice the craft. That's my plan for retirement...

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
So Mick, What is the plan for the fenders ? Fiberglass ? Custom made ? Flat trailer style?

And are you keeping the "Bobber" theme going when they are finished ?

I like working with the Fiberglass fenders myself.. Light weight and easy to shape them into some cool stuff. :D:cool:

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So Mick, What is the plan for the fenders ? Fiberglass ? Custom made ? Flat trailer style?

And are you keeping the "Bobber" theme going when they are finished ?

I like working with the Fiberglass fenders myself.. Light weight and easy to shape them into some cool stuff. :D:cool:
I have some steel fenders and a tank I rolled the seams on all ready for paint. I already have a glass full front fender that I'm probably just going to sell. I've had them all and steel is just a little more durable and easier to get right for paint.

It was never meant to be a bobber. I just needed time to get the fender situation figured out and still wanted to ride it.

The new rear fender will still be mounted on the swing arm, but it will be a full fender. It's all sized and will have about 2" of clearance to the ground at the rear and cover all the the top of the tire. A real old school look. I'll be adding 2" longer forks too for a more aggressive stance as well.

I'm working on some glass pieces for an old KE100 I'm restoring into a cafe style bike. You're right, it's fun to work with too. I wanted something cooler than a scooter to ride around the pits at the drag strip....lol

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
I see. The profile pic then shows your bike in the "not finished yet"
Phase... As well as in the recent photos.

If my bike history is correct a KE 100 is an 80's Kawasaki 100cc 2 stroke Enduro ....

I used a full radius rear fender on my sons 450 rebel . I dove tailed the tip and put Harley 48 style lights on it.
A lot of work but it was sharp looking.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 37 Posts