Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's used. .. took it on trip to bike week put on 1200 miles in 36 hours and she's leaking and I don't know what this is she's leaking from. .. seems like clutch is slipping also. .. They didn't start simultaneously. .. Here's pictures help

·
Super Moderator
6,367 Posts
Kingword, with the pictures you provided it's very difficult to see the areas you're talking about. Try sending some larger versions and let's see what response you get. Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Is the oil level in the transfer case low?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't checked... I'm used to a harley. .. i wasn't expecting any where else to take lube Besides the primary and the oil. ... I'll check after work. ... where's the level at?

·
Super Moderator
6,367 Posts
Much better pictures. Do you have an owners manual or repair manual or have access to one? If you're not real familiar with the bike, they're worth their weight in gold. Also Annie is very familiar with roadies, and I'm sure she'll response sometime today.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Had a similar problem with my 05 last season. The leaking which wasn't much was from the final drive pully shaft seal. I brought it in to a local shop and surprise the pully nut was loose.
From what I've read its a common problem with the road star. Replaced the seal and re-torqued the nut and its been fine since.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts