Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
13,296 Posts
Some of a biscuit!!

Didn't even see the title typo .... And I can't edit the title!!!!!!!!

Please Admin, please ... Help a brother out :(

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Man, it's just sitting out there like a wounded duck. Waiting to be put out of its misery. And I can't correct it with a moble device. And don't have access to my pc now. So it's just going to keep on sitting there. All broken and sad.

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What the heck?!?!

I specifically logged on from the pc last night and followed the advice to edit then go advanced and then fixed it ..... It looked corrected thereafter but now on my iPad reading Bevo's post it is still the 'wounded duck'

What gives?

·
Registered
882 Posts
What's the point of being first in line to a concert you don't have any interest in? LOL

Ok, my gal got herself a Bolt R a few weeks back. I've ridden it a few times including home from the dealer. In the rain.

Chivalry is not dead. It is simply soaked to the bone. :D

In any event, it is well made, as you would expect, very smooth, as you would expect and handles well, as you would expect.

I am 6' 2", 260# and it is NOT for me or, in my view, anyone near my size unless you have really short legs.

That said, she let me take it out the other day for a REAL test ride and I say, unequivocally, that is one fun little scoot to ride!

We live in heaven as defined by SURROUNDED by excellent motorcycle roads here in Central Maryland.

I flogged that thing over hill and dale and, man! Plenty of torque, light as a feather, handles fantastic, wants to turn, tracks well and feels solid. For me, I rode it sorta like a dirt bike, up elbows and looking for lines, non stop. It is a very IMMEDIATE, you are HERE, NOW kind of dirt bike experience which I can only describe as motorcycle riding at it's purest.

You, a motor, two wheels, a handle bar and other controls and just enough metal to hold it all together.

The suspension is firm but more than adequate and, frankly, the firmness goes right along with how I was riding it.

The speedo is a joke. You can't see the digital display most of the time in daylight.

It is something you have to pay attention to, if you're my size, to be on the foot controls. All that is is a result of the past 90 degree leg angle necessitated by my height. For Lori, it is a seamless fit.

If we get the crash bar and add pegs, I could actually see riding it for a day BUT, and this is a BIG but, that sort of 'forward' riding position would put me at non stop risk of inadvertent wheelie. I am not kidding. It is a SMALL bike and, for me, I need to be in that attack position to be 'on' the bike. I sit back and relax, at all, I have dramatically changed the center of gravity and can not, safely, ride it aggressively sitting back.

In any event, a quality, fun motorcycle and it ain't designed for me.

:D

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What's the point of being first in line to a concert you don't have any interest in? LOL

:D
Actually I wasn't kidding when I said I LOVE the Bolt - I just didn't have any particular question.

I've rode two different Bolts while helping others make purchase decisions. It sounds like you had a lot more time on the bike than I did, but I agree with your assessment (I'm 6'3" and 240).

My first thought after about 10 minutes of riding was that it reminded me of the Norton Commando I had in the 80's .... Small, light, sexy, and crazy fast ..... But I never knew if I was going to be able to stop the Norton due to weak brakes (the Bolt seemed fine).

·
Registered
882 Posts
A But I never knew if I was going to be able to stop the Norton due to weak brakes (the Bolt seemed fine).
Just busting your chops! :D

As you know, it's single rotor out front. Zero complaints there in terms of stopping as well as quality of application. It's smooth, not grabby. Feels plenty strong.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts