Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One year ago tonight I took my first ride in 25 years. 9,300 miles later I felt a little silly posting this in the New Rider section. Due to the great weather, I rode every month this past year in and out of DC mostly, in temps as low as 22 degrees, and as high as 103'. Most of those miles were highway in traffic, but a few were just goofing around with the wife. It took me a few months before I'd ride with her, or anyone for that matter, but now I can't keep her off it :D.

Along the way this site has offered me awesome support, info on the do it yourself jobs, and a great touchstone for new riders.

Thanks for sharing this year with me, and sharing the ride.

Mike

·
Registered
240 Posts
That's great. I started riding again after 18 years and switched from a sports bike to now a cruiser. I'm taking my wife for the first time on a ride this weekend to a bike show about an hour away. Both the bike and the wife are a little heavier this time around, so we'll see how we go. :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Same here I bought my bike 3 years ago after 24 years of dry spell. Put on 23000 km since then (our season are only 7 month long at best). Just wish I had bought this bike earlier.

:cool:

Ride safe

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just wish I had bought this bike earlier.
Yeah MacV, I felt the same way about mine too. I ride it everywhere I can. Eventually I'll need to trade up to an 1100 or larger:D

mk

·
Registered
145 Posts
In 2008 I rode again for the first time in about 29 years. I sold my 1974 Triumph Trident when my oldest son was born in 1979. I started riding again after buying a used Yamaha Virago 750. My wife took it over after I bought a V Star 950. I'm now looking for a nice Roadstar. My wife and I really enjoy riding together. It's a great hobby and an awesome way to spend some quality time with your spouse. :)

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
What a great time you can have on 2 wheels.Sounds like we have all done a stint with out a bike. In 08 I got back on a bike,now on the 2nd bike,the wife's on her 2nd bike and working on her 3rd. We have never looked back and enjoy every minute we can on our scoots.Being on this forum has also been a joy.It's great to hang out with people that have the same passion.Thanks

·
Registered
240 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts