Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, last Saturday I bought an 09 V-Star Classic, then I needed to head to Tampa for a conference. Waited all week for the title work, and finally got to the DMV today for plates.

Needed to clean the garage a bit, [deal I made w/ the wife for the bike] and finally got on the road around 6pm. Other than the 2 days I spent on a loaner at MSF class this is the first time I have been on the road in 25 years. Man o Man, what a great day!

:D

·
Registered
239 Posts
Welcome back! It was a wise choice to take the MSF BRC. I recommend it to even experienced riders as they'll learn something and correct some bad habits. Ride safe.

:)

·
Registered
249 Posts
welcome, ride safely, enjoy, glad you like your bike. i took the msf course and glad i did. i still continue to read books and practice, especially since i am also very new to riding.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Welcome!! I took the MSF Course as well and don't regret it one bit. Not only did it teach me a lot of good stuff, but it kept me from having to spend even more time at the DMV!! I hate that place!!!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all,

If the weather allow I'm going out again for a night ride tonight. Just to be clear, I wasn't in prison or anything, just away from a bike after a bad accident in my youth.

mk

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
good job on getting back to riding. so how does it feel?
Thanks to all of you on this and all the other post replies to a newbee's many many questions.

Bevo, it feels great. I am pushing 1000 miles since first posting this thread, and I am getting better and more comfortable every day. I still have plenty of work on my skills, and intend on getting better every day. I have been working on slow and tight turns, and decelerating into intersections while turning so it's "smooth".

I love the freedom it affords with my work schedule, and am already thinking I need a bigger than 650 bike!!!

Thanks to all the regular posters to this forum, it's a new guys encyclopedia on how to do this well.

mk

·
Registered
923 Posts
Hey DC, you're thinking of a bigger than 650 bike and I'm already thinking of a bigger than 1100 bike. We bikers never seem to be happy you know.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
DC I'm a little late but welcome from me also. I am also returned from a long hiatus from riding, nearly 25 years like yourself. You'll enjoy this forum, all good folk hear and a good laugh to be had.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts