Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before everyone gets excited, it won't be on my bike. A friend here who's been feeling my pain has offered to let me ride his HD 1200 while he rides his friends bike. We're going for a ride this evening before Irene wreaks havoc on us!

So today I can enjoy going for a ride and relieve some of the stress I've gone through with my ride! Just 3 more hours - WOOOOOOOO!

And can I add - :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
Good for 'ya. Excellent choice of bike, too. With all the time off you've had, the training wheels on the HD could be helpful...:D:D:D

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL! Beggars can't be choosers. There's a 30% chance of rain but I don't care if I get soaked in the rain, I just need to ride. I cage home every day passing everyone on their bikes and it sucks!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I might have some good news heading your way if you got a mailing address? According to my memory it has about 2500 miles on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
545 Posts
Hey Jarhead,

I'm still pretty new around here and kinda out of the loop on some things, but I didn't realize you weren't riding. I'll hafta go through and read about the problems with your bike, but in the meantime, hope your have a great ride on the noisy, domestic machine from Wisconsin and the rain holds off long enough for you to get back dry and shiny side up.

Good on ya, brother. Let us know how it goes.....

paddy

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Before everyone gets excited, it won't be on my bike. A friend here who's been feeling my pain has offered to let me ride his HD 1200 while he rides his friends bike. We're going for a ride this evening before Irene wreaks havoc on us!

So today I can enjoy going for a ride and relieve some of the stress I've gone through with my ride!

Very happy you can get in the wind again:D (Sugar Bear says, a HD:rolleyes:)Just hold your nose, and have a ton of fun! Bout time, huh? Any two wheels are better than NO wheels:) Ride on Jarhead, ride on:cool: Ride Safe:cool:

·
Registered
545 Posts
OK, just finished reading the technical thread about your ordeal. Damn! I wouldn't wish that on an Air Force pilot! (Well.....yes I would.)

I have to admit, I would've thrown in the towel and found a Yamaha dealer a long time ago, but I realize that's not in keeping with the spirit of this post. I'm one of the lucky ones who knows for sure he can trust his dealer....they're some of my best friends.

Anyway, hope your ride was great and therapeutic. Now batten down the hatches (that's Navy talk) and stay safe this weekend!

paddy

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Good for you get some bugs in your teeth and wind in what's left of your hair. Oh that's my head.Everyone needs a little 2 wheel therapy once in a while.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Not sure how long the Stork will take to get there...i sure hope it brings some happy news :D Keep us informed

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well folks, I have mentioned before that Karma has some kinda beef with me, and this past Friday was no different. We had Irene with her sights on us and as I walked in the door to change for my ride my wife called. She has just been t-boned leaving work.

Some young girl flat out ran a red light and spun my wife's little SUV around. Needless to say I went to daycare to pick up our son and then waited at home with feeling helpless.

My wife's car is drivable and she had some bad back/neck pain. The docs checked her out and she was ok, just a neck strain. Some various meds and she's doing a lot better.

To top it off, and show that I have the greatest wife in the world, she apologized for ruining my night. Can you believe that.

Well, looks like I'll still be waiting for my ride, but knowing my wife is safe and sound will make it all that much better.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Jarhead, you are not cursed. God just gave you a chance to see how blessed you are, and to prove that you have your priorities straight.

I have every faith that you will be rewarded more than you even know.....

Hang in there, my friend. Glad your wife is ok.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Glad the wife is ok. and +1 to paddy :)

·
Registered
404 Posts
Jarhead, you are not cursed. God just gave you a chance to see how blessed you are, and to prove that you have your priorities straight.

I have every faith that you will be rewarded more than you even know.....

Hang in there, my friend. Glad your wife is ok.
+100000000 :):):):):):)

You can ride any time, but you can never replace your best friend. Glad she's ok Chas, that's all that matters.

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
GEEEEZ Jarhead, here I was thinking you've been off-line due to Irene. I'm so glad your wife is okay. Prayers sent asking for her neck sprain to diminish quickly!

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
GEEEEZ Jarhead, here I was thinking you've been off-line due to Irene. I'm so glad your wife is okay. Prayers sent asking for her neck sprain to diminish quickly!
Wart, actually, I've been off the past few days both because of doctor visits and Irene. I lost internet Sunday night.

I just got internet back late last night. The wife is still dealing with some pain but is doing a lot better. I have the new ECM (thanks Sparky) in to my buddy so he'll be testing the ECM tonight.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Wart, actually, I've been off the past few days both because of doctor visits and Irene. I lost internet Sunday night.

I just got internet back late last night. The wife is still dealing with some pain but is doing a lot better. I have the new ECM (thanks Sparky) in to my buddy so he'll be testing the ECM tonight.
Jarhead, Please do yourself and your Wife a huge favor. Don't sign anything from the Insurance Company if they want to settle with you immediately. Let them fix the vehicle, but stay away from anything else. I'm not someone who Litigates against people. But I am cautious! A couple of weeks won't hurt any Insurance Company not having their paperwork signed.

I had Doctors check me out too. I was told it was just a back strain. A couple of months later I was having surgery. Sixteen years, seven surgeries, and it hasn't fixed the problem. I'm using me as an example. Just be careful!

A couple of things to watch out for are numbing in the arms or hands, fingers (upper spine). Or pain and numbness down one or both legs (lower spine). The human body wasn't designed to bend side-ways like it was to bend back and forth. A disk can move just a tiny bit, and bring a person to their knees. If any of these problems persist? Get her a good reputable Doctor. Do some homework, and get a good one. And certainly not one any Insurance Company tells you to go to.

If your Wife ends up not suffering any ill effects from the accident a few weeks from now (and she's off the pain meds, muscle relaxers and anti-inflamitories)? Then by all means you can sign their paperwork for them.

It will do you well to be a little cautious for the time being. :cool:
I speak from experience!

I hope and Pray your wife will be fine!

God Bless........Silverstreek

1 - 19 of 19 Posts