Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I, segregated in Cell Block 4529992 (our house), in the Prison of Ontario....are secretly planning a 'Social Distancing Jail Break'...for tommorow.

Preparations for the Jail Break:

Just installed a fresh battery in my SVTC Key Fob. (Check!)
My fellow Jail Breaker (wife) has made a nice picnic lunch with water bottles/fruit juice to wash it all down. (Check!)
The SVTC's gas tank is full from the November put-it-to-bed...and ready to go... (Check!)

Two Prison Ontario Wrangy inmates Prisoner G3392 and G4402------->ready to slip over their 'get-a-way saddle (Check!)

In all seriousness, we need some RAM-AIR Fresh Spring Air, up our nostrils...and have decided to leave our property, head out on Highway 400 North, to some remote, small lake that has a beach....and if we can keep to ourselves, at least 50 feet from any other breathing thing....will put the side-stand down...unpack our blanket, the picnic basket....our stash of disinfectant wipes, and the bottle of hand disinfectant...and just sit down...enjoy the waterfront...eat our lunch...drink our drinks...and then head right back home, later on in the evening. We will enjoy the evening ride...as the SVTC has magnificent stock road illumination. She gets her music...I get my music...and we talk in-between. THE FIRST RIDE OF THE SEASON....so utterly important to our mental well-being.....!!!! We will be Socially Responsible. We will not stop for food, drinks, whatever from anywhere...we will be Social Distancing SVTC Self Contained!

That's the beauty of riding a motorcycle, Folks....you can be by yourself...in the fresh air...(the NEEDED fresh air...!!!!), or with your fellow Social Covid-19 Distancer Partner....but STILL protect yourself, and your responsibility to protect everyone else around you. That's the plan...Ontario Prison Break, slated for 06:00 hours. "Ssshssssss, don't fink us out to the Warden!".... Later,

Cheers,
Joe, or Ontario Covid-19 Prisoner---> G3392.

·
2,742 Posts
Good on ya, Joe and Mrs Joe. I hope you have a great day together. They're restricting access at all provincial border crossings here in NB so I'm hoping to get some much needed wind therapy before they shut us down completely. I agree that riding and being responsible about keeping your distance shouldn't be an issue. After all, you packed your own lunch, fuel can be purchased at the pump, so why not take a little jail break?

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Good on ya, Joe and Mrs Joe. I hope you have a great day together. They're restricting access at all provincial border crossings here in NB so I'm hoping to get some much needed wind therapy before they shut us down completely. I agree that riding and being responsible about keeping your distance shouldn't be an issue. After all, you packed your own lunch, fuel can be purchased at the pump, so why not take a little jail break?
Exactly Paul...that's what we figured this morning sitting out, sipping Morning Joe, in the back-yard, ..our Prison Ontario Exercise Yard...lol...(Gallows Humor!) As motorcyclists, we all can do this...either ride to a point...turn around and head back to Prison...or as we are...find a 'little jewel', and park your butts there. If anybody would approach us to engage us in conversation (frankly, any time I slip off the 2018 SVTC saddle, that happens,) I would ask them to conduct our conversations from 20 or so feet away. That's all we feel we'll need to do,...as we intend to not catch this... Whatever your plans are, Paul...make sure to make them...everybody on this site, needs to take a Social Distancing Ride...and the sooner, the better! My thoughts on the matter, anyways...:)

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
That's the way to do it Yamaha Par Exellence !
With your wife involved, I shouldn't have to remind you... bring the (now literally) most important thing along . Thats right , TOILET PAPER. Have a great time!
THANK YOU, Jo hart! oh boy,...never even thought of that...until I read this. I called my wife over...and she read your post...and said..."man....like for sure...all facilities will be closed!!!!". Seriously, thank you for posting that...for it is quite important so we can be ah..er...'self-contained'. Find a bush...(be a Pioneer...lol) 'have toilet paper...will travel...'....use hand disinfectant...and carry on...
Seriously...both of us, didn't even think of that....glad YOU DID! :)

In your debt,
Joe (with three roles of 'the stuff'...in the side saddle...) :)

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
"Hi Folks...got back from our 'get-away run'...and OMG!, let me just say....THAT WAS NEEDED BY THE BOTH OF US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Charlotte performed wonderfully....and by the thrum (...I missed that all Winter...) of her twin pipes...it was a, ah, er...happy thrum...deep and powerful, that wonderful gal, took us away from Covid-19 reality...gawd, that was so needed. We are both re-charged, and looking forward to relaxed, Covid-19 free, future days upon Charlotte's saddle. Gawd...so NEEDED that, by the both of us. I hope you all can do the same, in the near future...for we suspect, YOU NEED THAT, TOO! When you can, folks...Happy Trails!

'Air-Up-The-Nostrils' Joe & The Boss :)

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
congratulations. and welcome to spring, YPE. ain't it great ?
It sure is...but I sure could do with the Covid-19 left out of the mix...our Canadian Government, is projecting, that Social Distancing might continue through to the end of August, as they expect 3 waves of Covid-19 to come through the Canadian Population. Probably the same scenario for the States... Hang tight! China is now seeing their second wave right now....

·
2,742 Posts
You inspired me Joe. It was only 8C today (46F) but it's supposed to go back down around freezing with rain and snow for a week so after I got home from work I got out my pickaxe and chopped a bike's width path through the 6" of ice in front of my garage and pulled her out. I didn't go on a nice all day cruise like you did because I still need to change the oil and give her a good spring checkup (and cleaning), but I did a nice 45km run to blow out the cobwebs and feel the wind in my beard. And all I can say is...ahhhhhhhhhh! I needed that!

·
Registered
763 Posts
but I did a nice 45km run to blow out the cobwebs and feel the wind in my beard. And all I can say is...ahhhhhhhhhh! I needed that!
Congratulations, NR!!! Well done, well deserved. Pick axe!
I've been sympathizing with you for months. Glad you broke the drought.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You inspired me Joe. It was only 8C today (46F) but it's supposed to go back down around freezing with rain and snow for a week so after I got home from work I got out my pickaxe and chopped a bike's width path through the 6" of ice in front of my garage and pulled her out. I didn't go on a nice all day cruise like you did because I still need to change the oil and give her a good spring checkup (and cleaning), but I did a nice 45km run to blow out the cobwebs and feel the wind in my beard. And all I can say is...ahhhhhhhhhh! I needed that!
"Great to read of another rider's Wind Therapy! Must have felt just ACE!" :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Might be best not to let anyone know you're carrying such valuable cargo. You don't to be tp-jacked :LOL:
GF and I went to dollar general, they had some 32 packs of tp left, with a 2$ coupon. If it werent for the tp shortage we would have shat ourselves. We only got one pack each(we live seperately) she thought i was crazy when i wanted to carry them in in my poncholiner to disguise them lmao.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts