Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

First rider,vstar 1100

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Isabelle 
#1 · (Edited)
First time rider,vstar 1100

Hello everyone i just bought my first bike, a vstar 1100 classic 2000 model and this website is pretty awesome for information and talk about it so i signed up for it. Now all i have to do is get a license to drive the thing.

#3 ·
Welcome to the world of two wheeling, free-wheeling, and wheeling-dealing:)

Please provide the following information:

1. Color of bike (Is it red, red, red, black cherry, or red?) (Blue bikes are prohibited).
2. Sign the "hold harmless" waiver in your profile so that you may join the free-for-all:D:D:D

#5 ·
Welcome my V-star friend.Your right about this forum it's awsome. Great people,lots of info so hang on tight and enjoy the ride. Go to dmv and get a book and start reading for your test.If you've never ridin a street bike before I would suggest a safety course. Well worth the money and time.

#6 ·
Well Jesse, you and I have a tad bit in common. I too have a 2000 1100 Classic that I purchased 2 months before I got my license. I HIGHLY suggest a Basic Riders Course, many states provide them where you can take your certificate to the MVA and get your M-Class endorsement.

Ride safe and keep the rubber side down! Oh yeah, and remember that black is always faster and cooler than both Blue and Red!

#8 ·
Sounds good Jesse! I actually have been riding for about 15 years myself but I never learned to ride "properly". I bought a bike 15 years ago, 1985 Honda Interceptor, and just took off, in the rain, at night, with a helmet that had a scratched up face mask...and I was in south Dallas!

Like I said, it's just a recommendation as I learned a ton of good stuff to keep me safe on the road. I still have to learn not to lay on the rear brake. :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.