Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

My name is Bryan. I recently purchased my first motorcycle. Im a proud owner of a 2012 Vstar 950. Ive been riding motorcross my whole life but finally decided to hit the road. Gotta say my Vstar is a smooth riding machine. I ride everyday, as this is my main mode of transportation to work. Looking foward to meeting others and participating the the forum community.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Keith. I have been looking around for a trunk, much like the one I see in your picture. Yamaha doesn't have any options for 950. I found one aftermarket but it looked very poorly made. I was hesitant on buying it. Mind if I ask where you got yours? I want more storage, and would like to get more comfort for the wife when she rides with me. Thanks!

·
2,504 Posts
Welcome to the forum and the Vstar family, Bryan. You picked a good bike to start your cruiser riding on. I looked hard at a 950 before I got my 1100 but it was a rebuilt title and I was a little leery. Lots of 950 riders here so if you have any questions I'm sure they can help you out.

·
Super Moderator
6,411 Posts
Hi Keith. I have been looking around for a trunk, much like the one I see in your picture. Yamaha doesn't have any options for 950. I found one aftermarket but it looked very poorly made. I was hesitant on buying it. Mind if I ask where you got yours? I want more storage, and would like to get more comfort for the wife when she rides with me. Thanks!

Sure thing, it’s a shark model and I bought it off EBay for $70 including shipping. It came with brackets, but I made up my own for better support. I like it and didn’t have to paint it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts