Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my bike running finally by adjusting the carbs..starts up fine idles great but when giving if a big throttle it has some flames coming out the tail pipes. Not sure on jetting setup but it has straight pipes pretty much. I was told could be an exhaust gasket leak ....unburied fuel exiting the tail end or something....any other ideas guys?

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Got my bike running finally by adjusting the carbs..starts up fine idles great but when giving if a big throttle it has some flames coming out the tail pipes. Not sure on jetting setup but it has straight pipes pretty much. I was told could be an exhaust gasket leak ....unburied fuel exiting the tail end or something....any other ideas guys?
Could be an exhaust leak....could be a carb synch issue....could be your jets....could be your PMS..... could be 50 other things. You're really not giving us anything to go on here...... "not sure on jetting set up but it has straight pipes pretty much" doesn't really help us at all.

·
Registered
257 Posts
So cool! Reminds me the '70's. Came home from work on my Sportster, pulled in the yard with flames coming from the exhaust and leaving a flaming trail on the drive-way. My stoned-out buddy thought that was awesome. ( He really thought it was cool, awesome wasn't invented yet."

·
Administrator
13,308 Posts
So cool! Reminds me the '70's. Came home from work on my Sportster, pulled in the yard with flames coming from the exhaust and leaving a flaming trail on the drive-way. My stoned-out buddy thought that was awesome. ( He really thought it was cool, awesome wasn't invented yet."
maybe he just thought it was right on, or groovy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts