Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Perfect I ordered one. Looking forward to installing it.
I believe the brown and blue wires need to swap positions. If you end up breaking the pins like I did Corsa Technic has the exact pins that fit the plug. I tried to get them from a dealer but that was time not well spent.

pin purchase.jpg

·
Registered
63 Posts
I believe the brown and blue wires need to swap positions. If you end up breaking the pins like I did Corsa Technic has the exact pins that fit the plug. I tried to get them from a dealer but that was time not well spent.

View attachment 91277
Thanks for that information I would have been asking that question for that in the near future. I believe the pins can be removed by releasing a small barb on them with a thin probe.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Thanks for that information I would have been asking that question for that in the near future. I believe the pins can be removed by releasing a small barb on them with a thin probe.
Yes that is correct but for some reason I was able to break mine. I had a pin extraction tool but still managed to break the locking tab. It was aggravating but Corsa had them in stock, reasonable price and....a cool toolbox sticker just for checking a box when ordering! Good Luck with it!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Do you think I should go ahead and swap those two wires without trying it first? What is the result of the the wires in the wrong sockets, can anything be damaged?

·
Super Moderator
6,403 Posts
You are correct Redbird58, I had to have the wires switched when I bought my kit several years. Not all 950’s we’re wired incorrectly, however just wanted to make you aware of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 26 of 26 Posts