Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
No idea. Where did you get it? Be nice to know what it looks like, would give us a clue as to how it would be installed.

·
Registered
5,357 Posts
I think he is just asking where to locate it on the bike, where the wires will reach and it can be secured and hidden.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I have a 950. I installed mine under the seat. Be careful if you have to switch wire locations in the plugs. Mine broke when relocating the blue and brown wires. The pin connectors are kind of a pain to get out. Them being brittle did not help either. Also if you have amber rear lenses and you want to switch them out you may need a new bulb. The 1156 bulb I could only find in clear or amber in the stores. I assume you will be switching to red led. If so you will need an 7507 bulb. You may need to get those on line. Custom Dynamics has replacement lenses also if switching from Amber to Red. I tried the Night Shades paint on mine but did not like the look. Got the replacement lenses. Love the look of them. Good luck!

·
Registered
77 Posts
On my stratoliner, I mounted it on the belt cover... Couldn't find room under the seat. On my vstar 650, it's tied down by the battery strap.

This is what I have:
https://safer-turn.com/smart-brake-module/

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
142 Posts
On my '04 Road*, I used the side marker/reflectors on from the license plate bracket, tilted them slightly up, and connected through the taillight harness. My dad and brother attached them to the underside of their tailpack racks on their BMW RT's.

This is the basic, "Universal, Hyper-Lite" kit. I believe it's the "California" option, which flashes a bunch and then goes to solid. Bought them in '07, have not touched them since then. They were about $50 then.

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
I went the easy way. Since I was wanting to have a LED brake light also, I got one of the LED bulbs that flashes on it own. Just replaced the bulb, now I have the flashing brake light that is also LED so it is bright also.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I went the easy way. Since I was wanting to have a LED brake light also, I got one of the LED bulbs that flashes on it own. Just replaced the bulb, now I have the flashing brake light that is also LED so it is bright also.
Just where do you get them bulbs at, I have never seen them.

·
Registered
61 Posts
ItBeMe, I got mine from Amazon. There was a post on here somewhere that made me want them. I can't find the exact link now, but search for LED strobe brake bulb, and find the right style.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts