Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Administrator
13,277 Posts
figured it out.

right-click on your photo and choose "View page info"
then scroll down to "og:image" and then copy the info in the "content" field.
then in your forum post, click on the yellow icon which will prompt a box asking for your photo's address. paste in here and click OK.

·
5,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, I had not. Let me try it. Thanks.

·
5,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm on a tablet. Options not there. Still playing with it.

·
5,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Test 2, using Google Photos.

Attachments

·
5,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tiny Picture test

·
Registered
359 Posts
Tiny Picture test
Just so you are aware, lesblank, TinyPic is owned and operated by Photobucket. You can draw your own conclusions about TinyPic's future. I tested Imgur on here last night and it worked well.

Glen
Focus On Newfoundland

·
5,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for commenting on my Mustang. Remember I'm opposite of most, bike is daily driver and cage is play toy. My mother bought Mustang new and I inherent it when she past. Mustang has 500k miles on it. It's the first car I ever drove, got my driver license in it, hit my first home run in it (if you know what I mean). I've done some motor work on it though out the years. I do a lot of bracket drag racing with it. I drive it to the track, put slicks on I haul in the trunk and out run most street cars. Runs 11.9 @ 114 mph all day long. I pick on people all the time that the average age of my vehicles is now 34 years old, between car and bike. Yeah, I'm a car nut.

·
5,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the heads up. So far I've been unable to find one that is tablet friendly. I'm still looking at options.
Just so you are aware, lesblank, TinyPic is owned and operated by Photobucket. You can draw your own conclusions about TinyPic's future. I tested Imgur on here last night and it worked well.

Glen
Focus On Newfoundland

·
Registered
359 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. So far I've been unable to find one that is tablet friendly. I'm still looking at options.
lesblank, when I tested Imgur on here last night, I did so from my tablet, (I use my Samsung Tab S3 for everything these days) and it worked well. Mind you, bevo mentioned that it took awhile to load the image, but I did post it at a still pretty big 4mb, so that is likely why. It took me awhile to learn my way around Imgur's interface, but I think I've got it now. (I struggle at trying to learn new things at my age!)

I am attaching another iceberg test shot here, via Imgur, at a much smaller file size. If anyone notices the pic taking awhile to load, let me know.

Glen
Focus On Newfoundland

·
Registered
127 Posts
lesblank, when I tested Imgur on here last night, I did so from my tablet, (I use my Samsung Tab S3 for everything these days) and it worked well. Mind you, bevo mentioned that it took awhile to load the image, but I did post it at a still pretty big 4mb, so that is likely why. It took me awhile to learn my way around Imgur's interface, but I think I've got it now. (I struggle at trying to learn new things at my age!)

I am attaching another iceberg test shot here, via Imgur, at a much smaller file size. If anyone notices the pic taking awhile to load, let me know.

Glen
Focus On Newfoundland

Would you be so kind as to post a small tutorial for Imgur?
I'm failing badly on my Tab S2....

·
Registered
359 Posts
Would you be so kind as to post a small tutorial for Imgur?
I'm failing badly on my Tab S2....
Dcfluid, a fellow forum member has pointed me toward a much better (easier!) site for third party image hosting, called Imgbb. I have tested it and it is world's easier than Imgur, with a very simple, straight-forward interface.

It couldn't be easier to use... just click the "Upload" button at the top of the page, select a picture from your files, (they can be up to 16mb) wait a sec for it to load and a list of embed codes are available to you. Click on "BBCode Full" and hit "Copy" and paste it to your forum post. That's it, easy as can be! Sheesh, I wish I'd known about Imgbb ages ago... it would have prevented a lot of grief over the years!

Give it a try, and if you have any questions let me know, and I will help you out. Here is the link to Imgbb:
https://imgbb.com

Glen
Focus On Newfoundland

·
Registered
127 Posts
Dcfluid, a fellow forum member has pointed me toward a much better (easier!) site for third party image hosting, called Imgbb. I have tested it and it is world's easier than Imgur, with a very simple, straight-forward interface.

It couldn't be easier to use... just click the "Upload" button at the top of the page, select a picture from your files, (they can be up to 16mb) wait a sec for it to load and a list of embed codes are available to you. Click on "BBCode Full" and hit "Copy" and paste it to your forum post. That's it, easy as can be! Sheesh, I wish I'd known about Imgbb ages ago... it woauld have prevented a lot of grief over the years!

Give it a try, and if you have any questions let me know, and I will help you out. Here is the link to Imgbb:
https://imgbb.com

Glen
Focus On Newfoundland
I agree it sounds good, but it appears it is not available to me on the Play Store.
I won't be loading any 3rd party apps that aren't on the play store for security reasons.
I have Fickr and Imgur at the moment and both don't seem to do what I want.
Just posting a link doesn't cut it, I want to have the picture show up just like Photobucket before the blackmail started.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I agree it sounds good, but it appears it is not available to me on the Play Store.
I won't be loading any 3rd party apps that aren't on the play store for security reasons.
I have Fickr and Imgur at the moment and both don't seem to do what I want.
Just posting a link doesn't cut it, I want to have the picture show up just like Photobucket before the blackmail started.
Dcfluid, there is no "loading any 3rd party apps"; it's simply a website you visit to be able to post your pics onto a forum. There is no risk. It works on the very same principle as Photobucket does. No need to resort to a Play Store app for this purpose. Just go to the site and try it, you'll love it.

Glen
Focus On Newfoundland

·
Registered
359 Posts

·
5,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If a few more people will use imgbb we can see if any issues arise. I've posted about 10 images so far and worked great ever time. At least for me I think this is the photo post fix for me.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts