Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my carb apart to clean and after reinstalling , bike stared up fine and ran good all day. The next day day the carb was flooded and fuel was dripping out of the big air filter. The starter rod ( choke ) and accelerator plunger was replaced with new parts . Any info before I open it up again will be very helpful.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Carb was filthy and float was warped. I took carb apart cleaned it out real good. Replaced float and needle valve . Now my ride runs great.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was just looking through the forums for more on this type of issue. A friend of mine recently purchase a 03 RS, after 450 miles he just experience a similar issue. My understanding is there my be an intermittent issue with that particular bike regarding carb issues.

His neighbor who used to be a motorcycle mechanic or still is mentioned a fuel line mod to prevent these types of issues. Something to do with the fuel lines getting to hot.

Any input on this?

Thanks.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First of all, The issue started when my Big air intake separated from the carb , so dirt was sucked in carb. After the fuel issue I opened up the carb and overhauled it.every part related to the float bowl was replaced as well as removing all the jet and cleaning the carb real good. Bike is running great. As far as the heated fuel line goes , I never had that issue.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hmmm. I did replace his air filter with a K&N but he uses the stock air cleaner.

Just looking to see if there is any validaty to this notion.

Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts