Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 the star 1100 custom. When I take it out for good run on the highway if I stop for short period of time I have a difficult time starting the bike and it smells like gas like it's flooding itself. Also sometimes when I park it for the night when I get up in the morning and turn the key on the fuel pump will run for 1015 seconds like it's filling the bowls on the carbs. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
14 Posts
It's the same problem I have with my 1100. I have been working on a solution for over 1.5 years and nothing. Here is my post a couple weeks ago about it. I have been told it was a ventilation problem, my valves are off (after an adjustment), and much more. The one thing that makes sense is the ventilation. The carbs get so hot when riding that it boils the gas when you let it sit, so all the gas in the bowls just build up which makes it harder to start and the smell of gas. If I find out anything else I will be sure to let you know. I am so tired of this problem! I am most likely going to go to a POD system as recommended in my post bellow by other riders. Maybe that will help.

http://www.starbikeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50226

1 - 2 of 2 Posts