Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a floor jack with a motorcycle adaptor on it for $55 at AutoZone. If interested your local AutoZone might not have it but you could order on line. There are limited quantities so if you were thinking about getting one I wouldn't wait very long. I am not promoting nor a spokesman for AutoZone, just passing on a deal.

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
that has some potential to be a good MC jack, esp with the locking bar

if the wheels could be removed and the whole thing bolted to something like a 2x3 foot 1/4 steel plate (or bolted to the floor) it would be really stable with the hold down straps.

I noticed there are two attachment points sticking down under the frame just behind the engine on my 650 - is there a floor jack designed specifically to capture the frame on these bikes?

or is that a factory production line fixture attachment point?

I find it very stressful having my bikes up off the wheels, esp if I take both wheels off to have the tires changed.

I cant even imagine working on a bike any place with a chance of an earthquake - you get the bike up off the floor, and the floor starts to shake back and forth and up and down... :^O

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
You worry about earthquakes in upper NY State? :)

They are pretty rare and if one is big enough to knock a bike off a jack, there will be a lot more to worry about than your motorcycle. I say that as a guy that crossed the collapsed Cypress section in Oakland 20 minutes before the 89 quake here in the Bay Area on my home to watch the world series with my wife (we were at game 5 of the payoffs when the Giants won the NL spot). Big ones like that are scary but there are many 3.0 or less that are stress relievers and are barely noticed. After a while, you get good at guessing the rating.

·
Registered
155 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, it's already gone up $10.
Duralast Jack
Interesting, here in Houston it's still $55. Guess it depends on your location. I can tell your it's a pricing error and will probably be changed quickly.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I actually have one of these myself.

They do work, yeah. They even come with hooks where you can strap down the bike. But if you have a frame that runs across the bottom of the bike, and can jack from the frame, the bike equalizes itself and she’s pretty stable.... Stable enough where I was changing the oil on my bike, grabbed the handlebar by mistake and thought she’d topple over; but I was wrong.

She stayed put. It’s a good jack. Motorcycle, car, and ATV.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts