Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has relocated or removed their floorboards and added pegs to allow for more of a lean angle. I find there are times I wish I could lean just a little more.

Thanks, TJ

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I've extended my pegs fwd 6". That was just to make it more comfortable.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Moved them forward 4", cannot ride without them now.

·
Registered
552 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Very cool!! I need to do this immediately. How can I get my hands on a complete kit. How do you move the linkages? I could use some step by step by someone that has done this.
A series of pix of all angles. Maybe a before and after?
Thanks guys.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Very cool!! I need to do this immediately. How can I get my hands on a complete kit. How do you move the linkages? I could use some step by step by someone that has done this.
A series of pix of all angles. Maybe a before and after?
Thanks guys.
If you go with Ziv's, everything you need comes complete with new linkages for shifter & brake.
His website shows instructions with step by step pics:http://zivney.net/pegextinstallinstructions.htm
You can see more pics of my install in here: http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i79/scottanannmc/V-Star/

·
Registered
75 Posts
Still looking for these things. The one from Zivs is for a 650. I have an 1100 custom. I emailed Zivs teo days ago and have received no reply. Looks like there are just extension bars. I will take a look and maybe manufacture some myself.
Any ideas anybody?

·
Registered
552 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Ragdoll, you can get them for the 1100 on eBay or manufacture yourself. They are just 1/4" x 1" straight bar stock. If you get over 4" they get flexy. Mine are 6". I added a stiffener rod that ties them together. 3/8 Stainless rod I cut and threaded off Amazon. But you'll have to get the linkage extensions somewhere.

·
Registered
16 Posts
How did the instillation of the Scootmods go?
I'm thinking about getting the 4" also mostly to avoid hip cramps I get sometimes, and I believe, I can still add crash bars with the 4" kit. Does anyone know that for sure?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Still looking for these things. The one from Zivs is for a 650. I have an 1100 custom. I emailed Zivs teo days ago and have received no reply. Looks like there are just extension bars. I will take a look and maybe manufacture some myself.
Any ideas anybody?
Found this on 650ccd - might be the answer

650 CC & D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts