Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here installed the floorboard kit with heel/toe shifter from M/C Enterprises for the V-Star 250? I just purchased the 250 last week and went for my first ride yesterday (about a hundred miles) and felt a bit uncomfortable with the forward foot pegs. All my past bikes have been UJM type bikes with the foot pegs and controls farther back. Would the floorboards make the riding position more comfortable? :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
I don't have an answer for you but I just wanted to say that I HATE the forward foot pegs with a passion. I was doing a search for "floorboards' here and found your post. It feels like I am trying to drive a motorcycle while sitting back in a recliner. There is no center of gravity so all my starts and stops are very wobbly. I haven't ridden in many years but when I did, my feet were in a much better position and I felt like I had good control of the bike. Not so with this mess of a machine.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Has anyone here installed the floorboard kit with heel/toe shifter from M/C Enterprises for the V-Star 250? I just purchased the 250 last week and went for my first ride yesterday (about a hundred miles) and felt a bit uncomfortable with the forward foot pegs. All my past bikes have been UJM type bikes with the foot pegs and controls farther back. Would the floorboards make the riding position more comfortable? :D
Comfortable is a matter of opinion. I have an 1100 with floor boards and love it. Im a 6'2" and once I'm done shifting my feet go directly to the highway pegs to get the most comfortable ride for me. My best suggestion for you is find someone with a similar bike that has floor boards and beg to take it for a spin.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cathy B

This is my first cruiser too and at first I had a hard time adjusting to the riding position. Do as I did and find a quite place like an empty parking lot on the weekend and practice taking off and stopping. It will come to you after a while. Don't give up! :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for the encouragement, riverrat. Unfortunately, I live in a small city so I have to drive through some fairly heavy traffic, stop lights, etc. in order to get to the parking lot to practice.

I am thinking of trying out a Suzuki TU250X to see if that works better for me. I don't see how it could be any worse!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts