Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have read the floorboards vs. pegs threads and have now put 300 miles on our new 950 and just can't get used to the floorboards - either around town or out on the highway. And man, do they scrape around any kind of turns or round-a-bouts!

Anyway, I am just wondering if anyone has done a floorboard-to-pegs conversion on their bike and if so, how much was involved in doing that and do you have a parts list write up of what it takes and if it is doable?

Guessing it won't be an easy, straight forward swap. At least I have seen some floorboards with highway pegs attached directly to them which may be the route I will end up going if a full switch to pegs is cost prohibitive...

All input on the swap is welcome (not looking to start another pegs vs. floorboards discussion - other threads for that)...

Thanks,

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ok, I have read the floorboards vs. pegs threads and have now put 300 miles on our new 950 and just can't get used to the floorboards - either around town or out on the highway. And man, do they scrape around any kind of turns or round-a-bouts!

Anyway, I am just wondering if anyone has done a floorboard-to-pegs conversion on their bike and if so, how much was involved in doing that and do you have a parts list write up of what it takes and if it is doable?

Guessing it won't be an easy, straight forward swap. At least I have seen some floorboards with highway pegs attached directly to them which may be the route I will end up going if a full switch to pegs is cost prohibitive...

All input on the swap is welcome (not looking to start another pegs vs. floorboards discussion - other threads for that)...

Thanks,

I am interested in this information as well. I dont like my heels up and my feet flat. If we could get some input from people who have done this and not a bunch of posts about how much you love your floorboards and why would we want to change that would be awesome

1 - 2 of 2 Posts