Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read the forums for years, decided to join since i have done some upgrades to my bike.
Love the 1300 vstar. First one i had was the 2007 cruiser. Put 65k mi then decided to upgrade to the 2015 Deluxe.
Did a nice MOD to it over the past couple months.
Swapped the front speakers out with marine grade polk audio 300 W speakers. Added a 600W amp kenwood KAC-M3004 amp, then made a rear bracket to attach to the backrest support bar. Added 8" Pyle Wakeboard speakers 300W.
Passfilt HI's tp the front, LO's to the rear. Sounds awsome. Was concerned with the voltage so i swapped the halogen headlight with a 3000 lumens fanless LED bulb kit. Saved 25-30 watts i figured. Also swapped the Brakelight bulb with a led. Added a voltage gage and shows 14.1 - 14-4 volts idle with music playing. So charging system is doing great.
Anyway,

greetings all.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,101 Posts

·
2,378 Posts
Welcome from Atlantic Canada. The 1300 is a great ride. Sounds like you've got your tunes all set up.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Welcome from Pensacola, I did a little time on a flat top, was with HS as a AT troubleshooter and LSE. Was on the Independence, Eisenhower and Forrestal.

·
Super Moderator
6,293 Posts
I agree with Les, great intro except for one small item, NO PICS! I came to the end of your intro fully anticipating a picture of your ride, but no dice! Seriously though after all the work you’ve done on it, we’d all love to see some pics. Glad you joined us, we’re a likable bunch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,101 Posts
Keith, look at the great garage he made, all kinds of pictures. What to borrow my glasses? Sorry, had to say that. 😀😁😂

·
Super Moderator
6,293 Posts
Lol! Les , is that you? I could barely see through the exhaust smoke in my garage in getting our bikes prepared for the rally! I’ll check out his garage, I was just starting to drool from the the sounds of his stable!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome from Pensacola, I did a little time on a flat top, was with HS as a AT troubleshooter and LSE. Was on the Independence, Eisenhower and Forrestal.
I crossdecked to the indy from the midway in japan. Some years later took the Kittyhawn over to swap out the Indy. 5 Years in japan, dont speak the lingo but i'm hell with chop-stix.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
pics

I agree with Les, great intro except for one small item, NO PICS! I came to the end of your intro fully anticipating a picture of your ride, but no dice! Seriously though after all the work you’ve done on it, we’d all love to see some pics. Glad you joined us, we’re a likable bunch!

not too familiar with posting here, i posted pics in my garage. should be about 10 of them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My next MOD is to look into adding a turbocharger to my baby, anyone have any ideas where to start Looking. Pros and Cons etc...?

TIA

·
Registered
86 Posts
Nice ride. With speakers like that, do you still have to run the engine to ride? or just turn up the volume? ;-)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lol do look like lil jet engines

Nice ride. With speakers like that, do you still have to run the engine to ride? or just turn up the volume? ;-)
Was thinking on adding on the back of the speakers a piece of 2" pvc in the center with several 1" pvc surrounding the 2" piece to give it a jet exhaust kinda look.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts