Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, I'm the F'in New Guy.

Just got my 1st bike a couple of days ago and I'm thrilled. 2009 yamaha vstar 950. (her name is bette blue)

So far so good. I posted pics on the album under my profile.

Ill see you all around

·
Registered
621 Posts
Welcome to the forum, F'in New Guy, and welcome to the Greatest Bike in the History of the World Club!

Can you give me some details about your saddlebags? They look like Saddlemen bags, but I'm curious about how they're mounted. I'm looking to make the switch from throwovers to hard-mount on my 950, but I haven't come across an option I'm happy with yet. Whatever you've got there looks pretty close to how I want to mount mine. What kind of brackets are those?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Welcome, and congrats on the 950.
Yep, them blue bikes are pretty fast, almost as fast as the black ones. Good choice.

·
Administrator
13,666 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can you give me some details about your saddlebags? They look like Saddlemen bags, but I'm curious about how they're mounted. I'm looking to make the switch from throwovers to hard-mount on my 950, but I haven't come across an option I'm happy with yet. Whatever you've got there looks pretty close to how I want to mount mine. What kind of brackets are those?

not sure of the brand. the guy i bought the bike form had them, but didnt install them. i did. mounting was done by removing the silver trim and then using the longer bolts supplied by the saddlebags, thus its attached by two bolts going through the bag itself. ill try and take a picture so you can see.

·
Registered
621 Posts
not sure of the brand. the guy i bought the bike form had them, but didnt install them. i did. mounting was done by removing the silver trim and then using the longer bolts supplied by the saddlebags, thus its attached by two bolts going through the bag itself. ill try and take a picture so you can see.
Oh, I got you. So you've got the two bolts holding the saddlebags and the supports onto the fender stays. Deceptively simple. Do the bags flap around at all if they're not secured at the bottom?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh, I got you. So you've got the two bolts holding the saddlebags and the supports onto the fender stays. Deceptively simple. Do the bags flap around at all if they're not secured at the bottom?
Nope, they dont move at all. Granted i can only vouch for upto 65mph right now, but id say its a good bet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts