Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure what to call it but its that football shaped thing with slots on left side of bike ... when cleaning my bike today i noticed it was loose,I looked for how to tighten it up but dont see any screws.. does anyone know how it is attached ,,does it just snap in of are there screws somewhere? any help I would be greatfull.

·
Registered
6,696 Posts
which bike do you have?

·
Registered
6,696 Posts
Had to look at photos of a 950 - I'm not sure if that's the cover for the air filter or if the filter is on the right side of the bike.

I don't have one and I'm drawing a blank - I'm sure someone will see the question and know how its held on.

The weather is getting good across most of the northern states, I'm sure a lot of people are out riding today instead of hanging out on the forum.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Not sure what to call it but its that football shaped thing with slots on left side of bike ... when cleaning my bike today i noticed it was loose,I looked for how to tighten it up but dont see any screws.. does anyone know how it is attached ,,does it just snap in of are there screws somewhere? any help I would be greatfull.
it's the coil cover it just pulls straight out, it has two pins going into rubber grommets. pull it out and tighten the bracket behind it. youtube video
shows the pins

·
Registered
239 Posts
I don't know what it is either.
Did you try feeling around the back of the part for screws?

The cover for my PowerFlo intake is secured from the back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts