Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Riding season is coming for some of us:D. Riding season never stops for others (lucky bas...):mad:. so one question that comes to mind is, what kind of footwear do you wear. I see sneakers, street shoes, army boots, cowboy boots.... You get what I'm driving to :rolleyes: What do you think is the safest?

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
A little know fact is that sneakers were once called loud pipe shoes because nobody could hear you walking with them. But those things can kill you so I wear work boots.

·
Registered
545 Posts
pair of ropers

·
Registered
821 Posts
Herman Survivors. Most comfortable boot I have ever worn. This will be my third season on the same pair, still like new. About $25.00 at Walmart.:)

·
Registered
1,880 Posts

work, play, ride, rain, shine, i've been wearing the same pair of Timberland boots for more than 15 years now
Hell Bevo, you must be very easy on your boots! They look BRAND NEW:eek: Wish I could get that kind of milage out of my boots:)
Lehigh work boots, steel toe. Employer provided, got a little supply when I retired, down to my last pair:(

·
Registered
71 Posts
Skechers - black boots.

Buffalo,NY ha - Grew up in NT.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Most of the time I wear waterproof hiking boots with Vibram soles. I bought them at Sports Authority. Sometimes I'll wear my ropers or my Timberland chukka boots.

See a lot of riders here in Hawaii riding with slippas (flip flops), shorts and t-shirts! Crazy.

·
Banned
1,741 Posts

But after Labor Day (when white is too, too, gauche) I go with Nitro Touring(Street) boots. Ankle support, good traction, and comfortable enough to walk around in at sightseeing stops. Saves me from having to pack another pair of shoes in my touring gear. So you could say (if you were me) these would be my sole footwear....;)

·
Banned
4,088 Posts

But after Labor Day (when white is too, too, gauche) I go with Nitro Touring(Street) boots. Ankle support, good traction, and comfortable enough to walk around in at sightseeing stops. Saves me from having to pack another pair of shoes in my touring gear. So you could say (if you were me) these would be my sole footwear....;)
So these boots are made for walking...

Good choice when owning a red bike I suppose......

Start walking...

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Just a plain slip on leather motorcycle boot.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
My boots are universal. I find a pair that is comfy, protects my feet and gives me good ankle support. Then i were them for hiking, hunting, working & riding.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
That was a nice pair of high heels you had on the last ride Sparkyd.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Well riding boots for a women are a little hard to find. I ended up with an HD pair that go up to my knees. I love them. They are practical and very comfortable and they help keep my legs warm. Trust me there are tons of high heel boots out there but not good for riding.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Steel toed Redwings boots. I have had them for years and are far too comfortable to replace.....

1 - 20 of 41 Posts