Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I would post this I know we all try to save a buck. I was able to go 8k on my facotry rear tire. The stock Bridgestone left a lot to be desired IMO but when I replaced it at 8k still had some tread left in the center. I took the cheap route out and got one of the Dunlop harley stamped tires bike now has 11k on it or 3k on the tire and the thing is bald. About 800 miles of this was 2 up riding it the majority was single no load just the typical gloves Ect in the saddle bags. This tire felt very loose from the start felt like it would slip around corners. It seems a lot better now that it's bald go figure. The wear on the tire is picture perfect still round no high or low spots. This is just sad.

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Wow, that sucks. I've heard alot of bad reviews about the Dunlop D404. I've got 3200 miles on mine and it has about half the tread left. I'm not super hard on my tires but I'm not super easy on them either in my opinion. I wonder how one can last ok and one be shot so soon.:confused:

·
Registered
894 Posts
More lefts and rights should solve the uneven wear problem. :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm going to try a differnt brand tire. Not sure I'm going to keep this bike but ordered a kenda tire. Seems people are getting a lot of miles out of them. Not thrilled with China parts but a good part is a good part

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm going to try a differnt brand tire. Not sure I'm going to keep this bike but ordered a kenda tire. Seems people are getting a lot of miles out of them. Not thrilled with China parts but a good part is a good part
I have heard nothing but good reviews on Kenda tires. They will be my next choice.:)

·
Registered
894 Posts
I would use Kenda Kruz K673. My Yamaha Zuma 125 came with Kendas and I haven't had a problem with them. They are a Taiwanese company that has been in business over 50 years making tires for just about anything with rubber tires on it. I wouldn't worry a bit about having Kendas on my bike.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ordered a 671 I could have gotten a 673 for the same price but I like the tread pattern in the 671 seems like it may work better in wet conditions. I read that the 673 can be a little loose feeling on a wet road.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't think this tire was out of balance prior to the tread failure. The pic does not give a real good representation of wear but it's dang near a perfect U shape still. I'm having a different shop put the tire on and balance it this time. The shop I was using not to thrilled with since they wanted 200 labor to change my front tire. I'm going to r&r the wheel I will feel much safer know it was installed correct and lubed. I was going to try the dynabeads but this new place only charges 10 bucks to mount and balance the tire if you bring it in.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well the new kenda tire is on. Was a little slick the first few miles but once it got some miles on it and heat built up wow very nice. I ended up Doing the tire myself but took it to the shop to have ballanced. They said it did not need any weight added???? I think I'm going to put some of the ballance beeds in the tires anyway but not sure if they will make it in without removing the valve stem. That valve stem looked tiny when I had the tire off.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts