Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow wrench turners.

I was giving the Star Venture service manual a read tonight and noticed it calls for a "Yamaha diagnostic tool" to be used during service.
Do any of you own this software wrench?
Having not been impressed with service at the dealership where the bike was purchased, I've committed to doing my own service on this bike and am curious to see if any of you folks had any experience with this tool.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I am not sure an individual could use the "Yamaha Diagnostic Tool" on their own. I don't think we have the ability to link into Yamaha's computer online.

The cost of the USB Diagnostic Tool is $611 dollars online doing a search.

Here is a link on how to install the "Yamaha Diagnostic Tool" onto a computer, but again I doubt we have the ability to access the Yamaha computer that dealers have access to.

https://www.yamaha-dealers.ca/yec/en/advertising/docs/M16-017.pdf

I did some more checking and the diagnostic port on the motorcycle is a four pin plug not a USB plug, from looking at the PDF the USB thumb drive is used to load the software onto a computer that has access to Yamaha.

The diagnostic port is likely not going to be something an owner will be able to use. We don't have the ability to link into Yamaha's computer system which allows dealers to see the history of the motorcycle and see every dealer that has worked on it and hooked it up to their system.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts