Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering. For the V Star 650 owners who have have gotten a Baron/LA Choppers big air kit, modified the existing airbox, pods, hypercharger, ect. What is your miles per gallon like?

So far, I have added aftermarket pipes, a K&N filter, and re-jetted. My mpg is still high forties and that is with mostly city riding. I'm wondering how much fuel economy I'll loose if I go all the way.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I've seen a lot of people claim that increasing your airflow even further will actually improve your gas mileage, it's been true in my case too. 2003 650 Classic, jetted for the Hard Krome exhaust and Kuryakyn Hypercharger.

Get 48 mpg consistently when cruising the country roads around me at 60-70 mph. That's with a Memphis Fats windshield and ripping away from any stops.

It falls to the low 40s when I run that little buzzbomb on the highway at 80, but I like to avoid the interstate when I can.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've seen a lot of people claim that increasing your airflow even further will actually improve your gas mileage, it's been true in my case too. 2003 650 Classic, jetted for the Hard Krome exhaust and Kuryakyn Hypercharger.

Get 48 mpg consistently when cruising the country roads around me at 60-70 mph. That's with a Memphis Fats windshield and ripping away from any stops.

It falls to the low 40s when I run that little buzzbomb on the highway at 80, but I like to avoid the interstate when I can.
Thanks for the feedback. That is some good stats considering you have big air and a windshield.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts