Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Target fixation at work: "Oh no - I'm going to hit that truck that I keep staring at! Yes, I'm going to keep staring at it and steer right into what I'm staring at!"

·
Registered
491 Posts
Holy Hell.. Wonder if the truck ever stopped.. ;\ Glad the dude made it out of that alive.. That could have been biker pizza...

·
Administrator
13,283 Posts
i'm gonna say speed was the primary factor here. when he comes out of the turn, he actually starts to sit more upright rather than lean further into the turn. i'm guessing the change in surface material helped keep him from being able to turn the bike.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Also possible once he got that far off line and in to the marbles, he panicked. He is very fortunate he was able to get up and live another day.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Rule 1. Look where you want to go. Rule broken = ouch.
Yup, when I took the motorcycle safety course back in high school, that was something the emphasized.. Always look into your turns.. You should not be looking at the front of the bike, you should have your head pointed to your destination..

eGo

·
Registered
894 Posts
The funny thing is he drove like that totally on purpose. He even down shifted twice prior to the ramp in anticipation of showing off his skills. I've been caught before showing off those same "skills" but had luckier outcomes.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I know folks like to be comfortable when riding, but if your going to ride agressively, you may want to consider a good riding jacket........it appeared that the guy who went down only had a t-shirt on.........poor decision in my opinion.......

·
Registered
33 Posts
Morons like that are often called organ donars. The bike had lots of lean angle left so it wasn't like he over taxed the ability of the bike. Then riding on a highway without the proper gear. He must have a fast guardian angel. You know the saying. Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts