Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from Clovis, CA. I own a 2006 Roadliner S and have been a member for a while, but have not posted before.
I haven't had much luck posting a profile image, so bare with me, I have a pearl white liner with Corbin hard bags, batwing, chin spoiler and their single seat with backrest.
I have added a set of Hard Krome exhaust that I had ceramic coated a flat black color. I replaced the rear seat with Yamaha luggage rack.
I have added a Power Commander and K&N air filter plus had the bike on the dyno to tune.

Hope that gives you a picture (mind only) of what I am enjoying.

Going by the user name of Yukonjack

·
Registered
794 Posts
Welcome! :D Sounds like a nice ride, can't wait to see the pics when you sort that out :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
A picture is worth, well.....u-no (you know)
(couldn't resist:D)

Sounds like a very nice ride Yukonjack. As everyone else, sure would like to see some pics. Welcome to the forum, and I'll start you off answering a question if you would, sir.

'09 Strat, stock, just bought it, new, less than 4 months ago. I was leaning on Hard Krome 3" with the K&N air filter and Power Commander. I have since started looking at a 2 into 1 setup (clearance and performance). My question is; How much better than stock did you end up with? I see you had it on a Dyno as well. ANY help is very much appreciated.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Stuntman, best answer I can give is the info from the dyno printout.
RPM MPH BHP Ft/lbs
20 45.7 35.26 92.56
30 68.7 61.77 107.95
40 91.6 75.77 99.31
50 114.1 77.06 81.04
It takes about 4 hours of dyno time but you will sure notice a big difference. My tuner worked it so most of the improvement was in the middle to upper end of throttle. Of course the transition from stock pipe to HK's and Power Commander was a big change overall to both sound and performance. Although it did increase the "popping" when shifting from 1st to 2nd, especially when engine is cold. Have to really try and roll off the throttle all the way between shifts to minimize pops.
I had the HK's ceramic coated a flat black color and must say it sets off the pipes against my white paint job. Plus I don't have to spend time to polish them.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Well Yukonjack welcome to the 4M and your from my old stomping grounds, I came from Ahwahanee up by OakHurst on the way to Yosemite and also lived in North Fork, I spent many good times at the Clovis rodeo! Don't know if they still have them or not. It was many years ago. Played Clovis in football I was from Sierra High in Tollhouse. went to Fresno City college. Left the area in 75!! I still have family in those parts.

Ride safe

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Levi, great to hear that you survived your upbringing in the Fresno area, even willing to claim you were a Chieftain and a Ram. I too have lived in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, used to live in Chilliwack, B.C. Have a son in the Vancouver area and another in Corvalis, OR
Thanks for the welcome!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Levi, great to hear that you survived your upbringing in the Fresno area, even willing to claim you were a Chieftain and a Ram. I too have lived in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, used to live in Chilliwack, B.C. Have a son in the Vancouver area and another in Corvalis, OR
Thanks for the welcome!
Ya I survived, but not if I stayed in those areas! Been in the NW for over 30 years and will die here, that area is fun to visit, but the summers you can keep (105+ deg)!! Again welcome & ride safe:D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Desert Rat

Greetings from Dubai, United Arab Emirates.Myuser name is:Desert Rat. I own a 2009 Roadliner which I purchased here in Dubai. Similar to Yukonjack, I have been a member for a while but haven't had the opportunity to download and introduce myself. I have utilized a number of the threads in the forum which have helped me a lot. Used to Laydown number plate solution in one of the threads (great help) and also the instruction in the CO mod in the linerwiki.com thread to sort out my air and fuel mixture. Have installed K&N Filter, and RUSH slip on muffler. Modified passenger footpegs to suit any Harley type footpeg as well as cut and trimmed the sissy bar to shorten it. Still grinning everytime I turn the key.:cool:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
And I thought the heat was bad in my neck of the woods!
Welcome to the group Desert Rat.

Yukonjack

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks Yukonjack. Took a ride yesterday morning. Quite pleasant at 6.00 am in the morning with 33 degree C and rapidly built up to 42 degree C at 09.00 am. Temperature should progressively come down to more pleasant temperatures in the next few months. It hovers around 26 degree C for 2 - 3 months during Nov. Dec and Jan.

Desert Rat

1 - 17 of 17 Posts