Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really enjoying this forum - learned a bunch already! I'm a long time rider but just traded in my Suzuki Boulevard for a 2009 V Star 950. Trying to keep up with the big boys and my 800 just wasn't doing it! Lovin' my V Star so far! :D

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Welcome here. Since your profile says nothing, we don't know if you are a girl or not:confused: Seems the folks that pick a girl name gets lots of attention:rolleyes: But, whatever the case, at least enjoy the hell out of the forum, and add to it:)

Again, Welcome, and Ride Safe:cool:

·
Registered
545 Posts
A fine Irish name like Maggie is almost always attached to a fine Irish lass.

Welcome, and enjoy getting to know your 950......

·
Administrator
13,939 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome aboard :D Hang on & enjoy the ride :D

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Congrats of the 950. If it's a Vstar then you did just fine.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Welcome to the forum, great information here for you and enjoy your new 950 (is it a 950T)

Ride safe

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Welcome to the 4M.

Hey Maggie, I think I have something to say to you....

Oh yes, as Bevo mentioned, you are very smart getting the 950. When you become a genius, there'll be 1900cc Liners ready for you. :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome to the forum, great information here for you and enjoy your new 950 (is it a 950T)

Ride safe
Thanks! And yes it is a Tourer. Love the saddlebags compared to my old Boulevard ones - bigger and so user friendly (stay open when opened, stay closed when closed!).

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome to the 4M.

Hey Maggie, I think I have something to say to you....

Oh yes, as Bevo mentioned, you are very smart getting the 950. When you become a genius, there'll be 1900cc Liners ready for you. :D
Rod, is that you? :)

1900!! Holy cr*p! Little too big for me, I'd say. Or do they make a light weight version?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome here. Since your profile says nothing, we don't know if you are a girl or not:confused: Seems the folks that pick a girl name gets lots of attention:rolleyes: But, whatever the case, at least enjoy the hell out of the forum, and add to it:)

Again, Welcome, and Ride Safe:cool:
Um, yes, I'm a girl. :) Thanks - looking forward to all the wisdom that you all have to share.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
you posted somewhere else that you just bought a bunch of accessories. what'd ya get?
Engine guards, saddlebag rails and trim kit, liners, fender tips, passing lamps, longhorn dulley pegs. :D

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Rod, is that you? :)

1900!! Holy cr*p! Little too big for me, I'd say. Or do they make a light weight version?

The Liners are the heavyweights (800 lbs) of the 1900's, the Raiders are the nimble welterweight version (730 lbs).

·
Registered
160 Posts
If it helps Maggie, I'm 5'4" and barely 150lbs. I ride a decked-out Roadliner no problem. I touch tippie-toed at lights .. and if I get tired of that, I hang off one side. At least that way I get one foot flat on the ground. :)

Grew up riding motocross bikes that were nearly as tall as I was at the time, so being able to touch the ground AT ALL is a huge bonus. :D

·
Registered
317 Posts
950t

Thanks! And yes it is a Tourer. Love the saddlebags compared to my old Boulevard ones - bigger and so user friendly (stay open when opened, stay closed when closed!).

That is the one I had first before upgrading to a Stratoliner, I loved the 950T but just out grew it over a few years, but still it was a great ride. Just watch the tight corners she scrapes allot on the foot boards and it kicks the board back at ya:) I searched for ways to adjust them, but other than re-welding the brackets higher I never found away. Yea the bags are bigger than the Strats (or at least wider):D

Anyway welcome again
Ride safe.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks everyone - appreciate the welcome! Yeah I scraped the foot boards first sharp turn but my Boulevard used to scrape on that corner too. All part of the fun!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts