Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
G'Day Guys.

Took this short film of a ride yesterday on my old bike.

I'm no Steven Speilberg and it was shot with a small 8 megapixel still camera that has a short video function. I had it attached to a folded up tripod that was strapped under the flap of my saddlebag. I was real glad when I pulled up that it was still on there!

The stock HD Fatboy Handlebars are making for a more comfortable ride after the slightly bent old buckhorns.

Hope you all have a great and safe easter. God speed and keep the shiny side up.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great video Aussie. Just got my fairing and tins back from the painter. Putting them on today, brake bleed and then hopefully hitting the open road for a while :).
G'Day Corsair thanks for that, can you post some pics when the bike is back together, I'd love to see the paintwork, escpecially the tins as that would really make her stand out. I had to bleed my front brakes when I put the wheel back on after the fork tube replacements. Ended up covering the bike in a big tarpaulin and taking the top off the master cylinder and slowly prized the pads open with a spatula.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We ride in the opposite lanes over here.
I didn't see any Pots holes. Where are your pot holes?
G'Day B___S, we have them, wish I could say we didn't, especially after this summer of constant rain. I keep taking note where they are and try to stay away. A couple came to grief a few months ago, rider and pillion, both killed hitting a big one at high speed about 20 minutes east of here. Funny you mention it as I had to drop the mother in law home this afternoon who lives near here and there is a huge one at the top of her street, a total nightmare for a rider.

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
G'Day Guys.

Took this short film of a ride yesterday on my old bike.
Congratulations Glen!!

And while I freely admit to fantasizing about watching an Australian butt (especially for 4 minutes:eek:) I'd rather hoped it would be more along the lines of a beach liberty at Perth:D:D:D

Ride safe:)

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congratulations Glen!!

And while I freely admit to fantasizing about watching an Australian butt (especially for 4 minutes:eek:) I'd rather hoped it would be more along the lines of a beach liberty at Perth:D:D:D

Ride safe:)
I'm sorry Springer, I know there is a big difference between our butts, as you can see hers is nowhere as nice as mine:eek:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Thanks for the video,But your on the wrong side of the road lol.Your bike sounds great.Springer is just jealous that hit butt isn't is nice as yours.They don't make a camera that big lol.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Thanks for the video,But your on the wrong side of the road lol.Your bike sounds great.Springer is just jealous that hit butt isn't is nice as yours.They don't make a camera that big lol.
Thanks HD, the pipes are Jama Inox (Stainless Slashcut, or shotguns as some call them here). Jama are based in Holland. Inox just stands for stainless (I had to look that one up).

As for that Springer...............his big arse comment made me cry last night straight into my beer. I agree, I think he is jealous and has been trying to trim down with his new buddies at a Gym in Iowa (Springer on the left).

He is so proud of his new body he has returned to his old job as Adam West's stunt double, he is known as the 'Caped Crude Sadist' and whenever he sits down a huge 'POW' and 'SPLAT' bubble caption emit from him.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's awesome Glen, great vid!:) Weird seeing the yellow line on the right side (intentionally:rolleyes:).
Thanks Don, yes no doubt I would scare the daylights out of everyone if I was to try riding in the U.S. or Europe.........or basically any other country apart from us here, Britain and New Zealand I think:confused:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Nice sounding bike Aussie! I usually operate left of center as much as the right. Drives my wife nuts, but I always tell her that as long as I'm paying taxes on both sides of the road, I'm going to use both sides of the road! :D

And speaking of things that are different in your world, is it true that when you flush the toilet that the water spins counter-clockwise? :cool:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice sounding bike Aussie! I usually operate left of center as much as the right. Drives my wife nuts, but I always tell her that as long as I'm paying taxes on both sides of the road, I'm going to use both sides of the road! :D

And speaking of things that are different in your world, is it true that when you flush the toilet that the water spins counter-clockwise? :cool:
Thanks Roxstar.

I have heard the theory before of the water spinning opposite ways depending on your position in relation to the equator but have never really paid attention before. Sadly this also displays how much I have travelled mother earth.

A short time after being on the forum nature called and after using the Thunderbox i flushed it but I am not sure if it's the interior design of our dunny bowl but the water just threw back a forth and then panned out after giving an exhausted yawn (I think it's used to me) so I could not tell. I then filled the wash basin full of water, pulled the plug but could not tell which, if any direction the water was travelling as it just seemed to suck straight down. Having expended two practicum attempts at this scientific theory I then made my way to the study and sought advice from the fountain of all knowledge............yes thats right........Google....... but was stuffed to find an answer there too with references to shapes of bowls etc and different manufacturers and even conspiracy theories (can you believe that!). I do have an inquisitive mind so as soon as I find out for sure I will let you know.

In the meantime...................................

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Hello Aussie,
I finally found the time to check out the video of your ride, FANTASTIC! I saw you pass that red car near the begining and I pumped my fist in victory. LOL!
I'll have to strap on a camera sometime and give that a try. Then I'll see what I need to do to get the video up onto YouTube or PhotoBucket.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts