Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm preparing to install my Freedom Performance Dual Exhaust on my 2007 Stratoliner and I have a question about the plastic belt drive cover. The instructions say that the plastic belt drive cover needs to be cut out about 2 inches long and .3/4 inches high.

The picture of the plastic cover in the instruction doesn't look like the one on my bike and the belt seems to be a lot closer to the bottom of the cover on my bike. The instructions also suggest that the cover can be removed.

Has anyone done this and could you give me advice about how best to do this?

Registered
I would lay the pipe under it and see where it is going to fit. Mark it with a pencil. It says you only need to cut it about 3/4 of an inch, I would use a dremel and start at 3/4, dry fit it and see how it looks, if you need more clearance take a little more in small bits till it looks right.
But draw it out on there with a pencil, I know it's black but pencil will show up enough to see it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those of you who have installed the Freedom Dual Exhaust on your Stratoliner, I have a question. The installation instructions say that the passenger foot pegs needs to be removed prior to installing the mounting brackets. But it dosen't mention reinstalling them. Do they get reinstalled or are they kept off?

Administrator - "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
Step 21 says to reinstall.

Reactions: Jspree

Registered
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, 1982 XS650 Heritage Special
@lesblank @darvas73 Is that not referring to the rider floor boards and not the passenger pegs? Or have I need of those glasses?

Step 2 is remove passenger floor board, step 21 says to reinstall. I didn't post the other steps as question was about reinstall.

Reactions: Boog and Jspree

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh, OK, I was referring to the passenger foot pegs, not the rider floor boards. Step 2 and 21 appear to refer to the rider floor boards. So, I guess I still have the question about the passenger foot pegs.

I don't see why they wouldn't get replaced, I just didn't see it in the instructions. I'll try and review it in more detail to see if I missed something.

I am getting up there in years, so I may need to change my glasses as suggested.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Scratch what I said. Step 2 is about removing the passenger pegs. However, step 21 is about reinstalling the rider floor boards (bracket and spring refer to the brake light switch).

Registered
You know what I say, If you want it on , put it on......if you don't want it on , then don't . It's your motorcycle, if you need to add washers, add them , if you don't then don't...........

Registered
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, 1982 XS650 Heritage Special
@darvas73 I'm glad that is settled and pardon me for a moment while I get on own understanding corrected.

@Jspree and @lesblank I only have limited knowledge of the Stratoliner and only know of the passenger pegs; did they ever come with floorboards for the passenger? If so, I will need to track some down soon...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
@darvas73 I'm glad that is settled and pardon me for a moment while I get on own understanding corrected.

@Jspree and @lesblank I only have limited knowledge of the Stratoliner and only know of the passenger pegs; did they ever come with floorboards for the passenger? If so, I will need to track some down soon...
Boog, the 2014 Strat Deluxe came with passenger floorboards from the factory. You can order them from BikeBandit. They should fit other years but I'm not certain about that. Here is a link to the page https://www.bikebandit.com/oem-part...j95uASYzHY0PsMG6v9C_gqKaC56NoujIaAszMEALw_wcB .
There are also aftermarket options. Here is a link to some Cobra passenger floorboards. Cobra Swept Style Rear/Passenger Floorboards for Roadliner/Stratoliner '06-up .

Registered
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.