Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,
Glad to be part of your forum.
I have a Yamaha V-Star 250. I just started to ride and it is everything I imagined it would be: exhilarating, freeing, and awesome.

Looking forward to learning and sharing,
Giovanna

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,091 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. Glad you joined us and included a pic of your ride with your intro. Ask anything you like, and share with us some of those great white north bbq shrimp recipes. We love to eat around here as well. Ride safe and post often!

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Welcome to the forum eh. I just want to tell you that these Star bikes have a tendency to make you do things out of the ordinary. For starters, they make you smile uncontrollably every time you ride, then they give you this disease called CCitiss. I bet that you'll be catching this one before to l8ng and then you'll have to post new pics of that bigger ride. Make sure you post often, ask questions, share ride stories and join in the fun.
Ride safe and keep it shiny side up.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Hi, and welcome to the forum, Giovanna! I just know that you are going to love this bike, and be sure to keep us all updated. I am very close to becoming a V-Star 250 owner myself; in fact this coming week my daughter and I are planning to order two brand-spanking-new 2015 250's for Spring delivery. Last week we checked out a 2014 model and both of us immediately fell in love with it. I thought that I was going to feel too big on this bike, yet surprisingly it seems to fit my 5'8", 168 lb frame perfectly. My daughter is about 5'2", 120 lbs, and it fits her like a glove also.

But today I am just a wee bit torn, as I have learned that for only $2,000 more I can order the 2015 650 Custom. I wish I had thought to try one of these on for size when we traveled the crazy 1,000 km distance (round trip) to St. John's last week to visit the Yamaha dealership. Now I'm debating whether to pay them another visit. But really, I think I would be very happy with either model.

I already know, and completely "get", that most members here will recommend a larger bike, but it is worth mentioning that neither of us plan to do any actual busy highway/freeway riding. We live on a remote island off the northeast coast of Newfoundland, and our scenic coastal roads are almost completely traffic-free, with posted speed limits of just 50 km/h, and in a few cases 80 km/h; I doubt we would ever hit 100+ kph. I should also add that I have permanent spinal issues after suffering a bad fall years ago, and I worry that a bigger/heavier 650 might prove to be more than I can manage without pushing my physical limitations.

Anyway, I wanted to post here, as there seems to be very little mention of these fine bikes on this forum, and as it's looking right now, both my daughter and I will be very happy V-Star 250 riders once our new bikes are delivered in the Spring. I will be sure to keep everyone posted of our progress. And of course, any/all tips/pointers you can provide will be greatly appreciated! I hope we will be seeing more 250 riders posting here also.

Enjoy your bike, Giovanna, and ride safe!

Glen

1 - 6 of 6 Posts