Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been riding bikes for many of years now. I have owned many of sport bikes like the XX blackbird/zx6r/R1/GPZ1100. Then I decided to slow it down as I was not concerned enough about cop chases, after you out run a few ..hey lol.
For the last 5 years I have been riding a 91 750 intruder this is about to end as of tomorrow I pick up my new ride...2003 Vstar 1100 classic :D. So looking forward to my new ride and adding lotz of chrome.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am hoping to meet some guys in the area to ride with the odd time. Now i may feel like pulling into the local Tim's lol. I use to have about 20 or so guys to ride with while on sport bike.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Welcome from south of the border. :) Excellent choice in a riding machine. The only downside to the V Stars are they're difficult to keep petrol in tank for too long. Enjoy.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That brings up a good question. Under normal ridding how many K should be expected to a tank of gas before reserve is hit. My 750 intruder would only go 130-150KM before I hit reserve and man I hate that.
Thanks for the warm welcome

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome aboard aide. This forum is a good ride so hang on. Almost as fast as a sport bike lol. You won't have a problem finding people to ride with.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
From what I see looking at various threads..I will be hanging around this site. Props to everyone as it takes many of people to make a great site.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not so true there. Not one single person knows everything..so that is where many of people come into play. The old saying everyone knows something lol.

Just drove the bike home and it was my first ride on this bike. :D :D
Many of nice rides to come.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
just a pic

There is lotz of room for customizing. But first save up money and find out where that oil leak is from. Noticed some oil on the exhaust side of the bike at about middle of the engine ( air breather /oil filter area) blown back over saddle bags and a little on seat. They had just changed the oil and filter (I hope) so it maybe from not cleaning up well. I have a 60 day warranty or 3000K if needed.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Welcome to the forum aide. You can't find a better forum than here; lots of knowledgeable people and a few off the wall. But hey, aren't we all a little off the wall? ;) To answer your question about fuel economy, I get to the reserve on my 1100 at about 195 to 230 Km's, all depends on how hard you twist the wrist.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts