Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.
I'm owner of 2005(6) XV1900 brought from US some time ago.
During last season I was unlucky to faced with two seems to be already quite well known issues - 3rd gear issue and drive belt pulley issue.

So, strange whining noise on 3rd gear finally led to complete gearbox repair. During disassembling nut of drive pulley refused to detach from the shaft. At the end dealer has cut it off. And found that splines on the pulley and shaft are damaged. Seems, some time age, maybe even in US, nut loose happened and someone just hammered pulley opposite side on the shaft and tigtened it with really huge torque. So I had to replace both, shaft and pulley. For sure 3rd gear was also replaced with a new one 1D7-17231-20-00.
But today I've noticed whining noise during decelerating and cornering on 3rd gear. Does anybody faced with whining noise already with countermeasured 3rd gear?? I'm really worry about to face with a costly repair again in the very beginning of the season.
Thank you in advance for feedback.

·
Super Moderator
13,217 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,305 Posts
Hi Messir, welcome to the forum. As bevo stated, be sure to ask in the forum's here once you let know if your bike is a stratoliner or raider, and please share some pictures of it with us. We're glad you joined us, and ride safely!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Welcome Stas, from southwestern PA, in the USA. Good to have ya aboard. And nice ride. Sorry your having problems with it. There are a bunch of very knowledgeable people here who are willing to help out, so I'm sure you'll get some answers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts