Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2010 Vstar Custom with 20,000Km. Bike has always worked well. I added the stage 11 kit and a set of Vance Hines slip ons. Still has the original starter clutch and seems to start fine with a good battery.
I was on a trip this week and started to hear a noise somewhere in the front end. Sounds like on the front wheel/fender or perhaps the front cylinder area or starter area. I only notice it when riding slow and gentle power on. It isn't always there but seems to be getting worse. When I apply power it goes away (or at least I can't hear it) and when I pull in the clutch and coast it goes away. It I lean over a bit to listen closer it seems to go away. Very strange. Any ideas or suggestions? The bike appears to be working fine otherwise. Thanks in advance for your comments.

·
Registered
2012 v star 1300 tourer
79 Posts
2010 Vstar Custom with 20,000Km. Bike has always worked well. I added the stage 11 kit and a set of Vance Hines slip ons. Still has the original starter clutch and seems to start fine with a good battery.
I was on a trip this week and started to hear a noise somewhere in the front end. Sounds like on the front wheel/fender or perhaps the front cylinder area or starter area. I only notice it when riding slow and gentle power on. It isn't always there but seems to be getting worse. When I apply power it goes away (or at least I can't hear it) and when I pull in the clutch and coast it goes away. It I lean over a bit to listen closer it seems to go away. Very strange. Any ideas or suggestions? The bike appears to be working fine otherwise. Thanks in advance for your comments.
It's normal to hear the motor tick on these bikes, and it gets louder as the bike gets warmer. if you have a windshield it can be very pronounced. Normal.

·
Registered
2008 V Star 1300 Tourer
209 Posts
Does it have anything to do with the suspension, i noticed you did not mention the forks at all. To me, engines knock, not the wheels or chassis. Maybe you can describe the sound a bit better and the road conditions when you experience it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts