Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a V Star 1300 Deluxe with the factory fairing. I'm interested in seeing pictures of bikes with fairings and how you have added additional front facing lights. I'm just not sure which way to add lights for better visibility. I'm leaning toward fork tube mounted lights or highway bar mounted lights (which will be a good reason I to add highway bars:D)

Would some of my MC colleagues post some photos of your front facing light add ons?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I am looking at the same issue. I am thinking of getting the fork mounted lights as I think we can get better lights that way.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've seen the passing lights and like the look in the photo. In my reading there seems to be some thinking that the inverted "T" or triangle arrangement is more visible than the passing lights. Is there much validity to that?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Since you didn't mention it...Yamaha makes passing lights as an accessory.

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/firstrides/122_1307_2013_star_v_star_1300_deluxe/photo_04.html
The passing lamps in that picture are the "standard" passing lamps. They come in a regular or halogen bulb version. I originally ordered those thinking I was getting the Tribar passing lamps. Yammy web site misrepresented the 2 in photos. I did not like the standard lamps, yellowish looking when lit up and the lens looked frosted.

The Tribar lamps have a much cleaner, clearer looking lens and match better with the stock headlight IMHO

Here are pics of both on my 1300 Tourer and the Strat with Yammy lamps with the Deluxe Faring.

Pic 1 - passing lamps Pic 2 -1 Tribar passing lamps Pic 3 -Strat Deluxe with passing lamps
All three are Yamaha OEM passing lamps

Attachments

·
Registered
894 Posts
Nice. I would have installed them already if it weren't for the confusion of which lamps to buy. I end up just saying screw it and moving on. Riding season is coming up quick and I'll forget all about farkles and bling until it's over.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the pictures so far. I'm liking the look of the passing lamps. I'm thinking os doing something lights wise in the next couple of weeks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts