Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to find a nice front fairing for my 950T, but I'm not crazy about the Memphis Shades batwing or many of the others that don't have an inner fairing. There are some on EBay, but most are for HD. A few say they'll work on a Road Star. I'm wondering if the mounting hardware for that one would work or how difficult it would be to come up with some hardware for the HD models. Also, I'm wondering about the size of those fairings on my bike...meaning is it possible those fairings for the Road Star and HD's might be to big?? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
160 Posts
I agree

The ms batwing kinda has a funny look to it. I haven't seen one in person. I don't know if you could fab up brackets to make one work that is another brand. My ms windshield on my 950 mounts on where the signal bracket is mounted.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shonuff, that's what I was thinking, but I don't know for sure if they're the same. Does anyone else? I saw where someone had put a Harley fairing on one somewhere, but not sure how they got it mounted. It looked really good though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'd like to find a nice front fairing for my 950T, but I'm not crazy about the Memphis Shades batwing or many of the others that don't have an inner fairing. There are some on EBay, but most are for HD. A few say they'll work on a Road Star. I'm wondering if the mounting hardware for that one would work or how difficult it would be to come up with some hardware for the HD models. Also, I'm wondering about the size of those fairings on my bike...meaning is it possible those fairings for the Road Star and HD's might be to big?? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Tsukayu offers full-fairings for the 950T with stereo and speakers for about $800.
Reckless Motorcycles offers a fairing for the V-STar 1300 that uses the OEM tourer windshield hardware for mounting the fairing, the 950and 1300 use the same windshield mounting hardware.

So, here's what I did, prior to getting my 1300T in Jan 14 I actually purchased the Reckless Motorcycles V-Star 1300 full-fairing(no stereo/speakers for $350) to install on my 950T and it mounted right to the OEM windshield bracket.

The only issue would be the headlight opening. The headlight of the 1300 is much larger than the 950 so there would be about a
1"-2"gap around the headlight.
Of course that fairing is now on my 1300T and my wife's 950T has a MS Batwing.

·
Registered
160 Posts
buffeting ?

I see that the new HD models that come with a batwing now have an oval vent hole in the middle on the fairing. Is that to prevent buffeting? If so, would it help a MS batwing? Could you neatly modify a MS batwing?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the info gents. Shonuff, I did check those, but they really like their stuff $$$. Bassm1 I will check the reckless site. That sounds doable and for a reasonable price. I wonder if you could put a larger headlight on a 950 to fill out the space.

·
Registered
38 Posts
martymcfly...the vent in the new HD fairing is to lessen the buffeting and from what I've been told it works like a charm. My buddy just purchased a new Street Glide and he said at 90mph down the highway, the bike stays true with little head movement. Never thought about slicing into another manufacturer's fairing, could be dangerous

·
Registered
24 Posts
No favbing just vstar 1100 Classic Memphis shades kit and all your gonna use is the clamps that go on the fork legs so you have a mounting point then mount the harley brackets to those and the harley inner fairing then bolt on the outer fairing and you have a awesome looking functional fairing you may have to drill the bottom of the mount and inner fairing if you go this rout it should work fairly easy and the harley light is the same plug as the yamaha I can help you if you run into a snag just ask

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No favbing just vstar 1100 Classic Memphis shades kit and all your gonna use is the clamps that go on the fork legs so you have a mounting point then mount the harley brackets to those and the harley inner fairing then bolt on the outer fairing and you have a awesome looking functional fairing you may have to drill the bottom of the mount and inner fairing if you go this rout it should work fairly easy and the harley light is the same plug as the yamaha I can help you if you run into a snag just ask

Anks so much! Looks like I'm going to be shopping for a good deal on a fairing!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts