Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we made it back home from Americade safely and without getting wet at all BUT something very scary happened. The front fender on my husband's brand new 2009 V-Star Silverado tore right off the front end. We were doing between 90 and 100 km/hr on a freeway, a mere 20 minutes from home. This bike doesn't even have 3,000 km yet!!

It was pure luck that I was riding ahead of him at that time and that we had broken off from the riding group at the US border less than 30 minutes earlier. We had just been riding among thousands of other riders at Lake George so I shutter just thinking about that fender shooting out of the front end at that point!

The sides of the fender are ripped from the front bolts location while the holes for the back bolts are intact. The front bolts are in place and appear to be tight but the back ones are gone! The metal is torn like a mere sheet of paper! We're trying to figure out what caused it and whether the bike is safe to ride now. (We went straight to our dealer and the bike is being inspected from one end to the other while we have a loaner).

Has anyone ever come across this very dangerous problem?

Karole

·
Registered
821 Posts
WOW! Sounds like who ever esembled the bike didn't
tighten the back bolts enough. Other than that:scarry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts