Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
545 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone like me who thinks the left side of the engine and belt pulley cover are boring here is an idea for filling in that section (see photos). This is a belt buckle I mounted inside that center circle area. Below is a link to where you can buy the buckle. All it takes to mount is to pull off the pulley and pull out the center piece. The buckle almost fits in exactly, but you will need to pull off the belt buckle part of the underside. I just just used a wire snip pliers to do this, and you will need to metal file a little along the outer round edges of the buckle so it fits snug into the round hole.

If you can find some other decorative buckle that fits, go for it! Please post any photos or your version of this mod for others.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0773GK2ZH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

· Administrator - "Loose Nut" - Bandera, Texas
2001 VS1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD EG(totaled) 2006 Vulcan 900 and 2019 HD Freewheeler (current)
15,550 Posts
Reaction score
Very good job thinking outside the box. I like that it looks like it belongs there.

· Registered
1,186 Posts
Reaction score
For anyone like me who thinks the left side of the engine and belt pulley cover are boring here is an idea for filling in that section (see photos). This is a belt buckle I mounted inside that center circle area. Below is a link to where you can buy the buckle. All it takes to mount is to pull off the pulley and pull out the center piece. The buckle almost fits in exactly, but you will need to pull off the belt buckle part of the underside. I just just used a wire snip pliers to do this, and you will need to metal file a little along the outer round edges of the buckle so it fits snug into the round hole.

If you can find some other decorative buckle that fits, go for it! Please post any photos or your version of this mod for others.

Amazon.com: QUKE American Mens Keltic Irish Scottish Celtic Cross Celtic Knot Belt Buckle: Home & Kitchen

View attachment 103182

View attachment 103183
That is awesome.

Reactions: Keith Post

· Registered
545 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

· Premium Member
2008 vstar 1100 classic canadian edition
639 Posts
Reaction score
can't even machine it to fit in that good.
if any one uses this one, i would wonder why you have a picture of my girl friend on you bike

· Registered
545 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If I remember correctly, the buckle is a 3" diameter circle, so if you search for round buckles on Google you may be able to find on this size (measure the inside of the pulley to get the exact dims) in some other buckle that suits you.

Reactions: lesblank

· Registered
545 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How did you mount it epoxy? or drill it?
The buckle I used almost fit the inner circle exactly, but required a little filing all around the edge to fit in. If you take the pulley off by unbolting it, you can simply lay the buckle into the hole, and if the edges are filed at an angle it sets in, but doesn't fall out/though the hole and the plate behind it holds it into place.

The buckle metal is soft so it was a one beer operation with me filing a little, seeing how it set in, then file more, sip some beer, repeat. Easy mod!

If you have some other buckle that fits, there is the option of using JB Weld to make it stick in the hole if the circumference is such that its smaller than the hole, but looks nice in there. Just scuff up the underside of the buckle and the plate metal so the JB is joining metal to metal and that'll work.

· Registered
4 Posts
Reaction score

Amazon.com: YOQUCOL QUKE American Mens Keltic Irish Scottish Celtic Cross Celtic Knot Belt Buckle : Clothing, Shoes & Jewelry

View attachment 103182

View attachment 103183
Thanks for sharing this and I'm pretty sure I have the same one sitting in my drawer broken to boot I have the same bike and put custom long floorboards with the cross on them

· Registered
545 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for sharing this and I'm pretty sure I have the same one sitting in my drawer broken to boot I have the same bike and put custom long floorboards with the cross on them

Update with a picture if you do the mod! :biker:

· Premium Member
2014 statoliner deluxe
660 Posts
Reaction score

Amazon.com: YOQUCOL QUKE American Mens Keltic Irish Scottish Celtic Cross Celtic Knot Belt Buckle : Clothing, Shoes & Jewelry

View attachment 103182

View attachment 103183
Amazing 👏

· Registered
2005 Road Star Midnight, 2004 Royal Star Midnight Venture, 2010 Stratoliner Deluxe Midnight
111 Posts
Reaction score
The buckle I used almost fit the inner circle exactly, but required a little filing all around the edge to fit in. If you take the pulley off by unbolting it, you can simply lay the buckle into the hole, and if the edges are filed at an angle it sets in, but doesn't fall out/though the hole and the plate behind it holds it into place.

The buckle metal is soft so it was a one beer operation with me filing a little, seeing how it set in, then file more, sip some beer, repeat. Easy mod!

If you have some other buckle that fits, there is the option of using JB Weld to make it stick in the hole if the circumference is such that its smaller than the hole, but looks nice in there. Just scuff up the underside of the buckle and the plate metal so the JB is joining metal to metal and that'll work.
Very nice... that is out of the box thinking. The buckle is 7 cm round, which works out to 2 3/4". Looks good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts