Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is a dumb Q, but the Clymer manual says the fuel tank capacity is 4.5 gal (1.2 reserve). Does this mean that the total is 5.7 gal, or is 1.2 gal of the 4.2 gal TOTAL reserve? :confused:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Your total fuel capacity is 4.5 gallons. That includes the reserve.

If you fill it, then ride until you've burned 4.5 gallons, you'd best be looking for a safe haven.

·
Registered
79 Posts
On my Vstar I put 3 Gallons ONLY ride between 80 to 95 miles per tank before I switch to reserve . Does it mean that the reserve is 1.5 Gallons ???

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Keep in mind.....that unless you can figure out a way to fill 100% of the air space in the tank, you'll never get 4.5 gallons in there.

·
Registered
79 Posts
That's the problem everything including spark plug looks just fine .....The bike rides great otherwise ...it smell fuel all the time but can't think why it would affect the fuel mileage , no leak

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
pull the side cover off check your fuel pump,your plugs look Ok...with pods they would get lighter because of ethinol.... the oil in the airbox is from the crankcase vent hose, it comes off the front cylinder head and is plugged into the airbox. everybody gets that. its from to much oil in the bike. the level should be between the two lines closet to the middle one. i don't have a clue about your milage....Evaporation from sitting in the sun?? Your jetting could be a little off..don't know.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts