Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in a rural nevada town at 7000 feet elevation, I purchased a v star silverado 1100, approximatley two months ago, I havfe approximate 3000 miles on the odometer so far, but I am only getting around 35 to 40 mile per gallon. I was wondering what I can do to increase thie milage.I plan on re jetting it next week. Would replacing the orginal exhaust or at least removing some of the inter core help. I would like it to sound a bit stronger also. If you have any ideas please advise.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi .....I lived north of Salt Lake City while in the military...had a honda shadow....60 miles a gallon on the east coast prior to moving west. I was located at approximately 5400 feet....mpg went way down until I had the bike retuned for higher elevation....got better mileage......any questions [email protected]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply, I actually ordered new jets for the carb, and elected to not change then until after I return to my ride to Frazier Park, California, next week. Do you understand anything about there being a calt. converting in the exhaust, I know I can purchase after market exhaust systems, I was told that, that the converter can be removed which is reportedly makes it sound better. If you have anyfurther suggestions, please drop me a note. Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Better fuel mileage

Hey..you may want to hold off re-jetting your bike until you've done the exhaust..also you should consider a free flowing air filter (eg. K&N) together the air filter, exhaust and rejetting should provide extra power and fuel mileage. might think of going to synthetic oil also. check with your local dealer and get their ideas first.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts