Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seem to be having an electrical issue, my fuel pump used to get 3-4 clicks when key was first turned on. I now get just 1 click, I checked the power circuit and get power to the pump for a few seconds before it times out but only 1 click from the pump. I direct wired the pump to battery and it works. I replaced the SCCR and pump but get same thing. I get no error codes and starter cranks it over but not getting fuel to carbs. Can anyone help? Thanks

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
6,843 Posts
The pump builds pressure, that's the clicking you hear, then it turns off. One the 1100 the pump really only assists on fuel deliver. The bottom of tank is below carbs so gravity will not feed carbs properly. If tank is half full or more gravity will fill the carbs. If you are not getting fuel to carbs with tank half full or more than you have an obstruction. If it were me I would start at petcock, pull fuel line and see if you have full flow out of tank (drain into bucket). Then undo line at fuel filter, full flow there? Then check flow after filter, good? Then free flow into pump, good? Pull fuel pump out put line, turn key on, full flow? Then pull line going into Carb, getting fuel. Sounds like a lot but might take 15 minutes, where ever the flow is having an issue is where the problem is. Post back after checking so we can help. Good luck and keep us posted.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts