Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
V star 06
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a v star 2006, for about a week when using my motorcycle it reaches a point where the pump sounds very loud and with the same effect as if the gasoline system had air

In that case, I have to remove the tube from the fuel inlet of the pump, remove a little with the air they have and then it works normally.

What do you think could be the problem?

As extra information: the fuel pump and the fuel filter are new

Thanks for your time

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Or a pin hole in the fuel line, also a crack in petcock .

·
Registered
V star 06
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the petcock is new, now what I think is that the filter is blocked although even when the pump does not stop working, the motorcycle can be used normally and without gas drops I filled the full tank of the motorcycle and it has not been done again, could it be a symptom?

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
It sounds like a very small pin hole in a line or the pressure cutoff in the pump is going bad and just shutting it off is resetting it.

·
Registered
V star 06
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It sounds like the pump never reaches the pressure, but it works fine

What I'm afraid of is that I'm left with the bomb of working without stopping

·
Registered
2008 vstar 1100 classic canadian edition
537 Posts
i just looked at mine on the 1100 because i don't thing its working right, its on the lower frame and all the connection in the boot cover were full oil and dirt, i took the hoses off to see if it pumps, it did, cleaned the connections and put electric grease in them, it started first hit of the button, before it wouldn't start, plus i ordered a new one from ebay with the correct plug, maybe that scarred it into working.

·
Administrator - "Loose Nut" - Bandera, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra (totaled) 2006 Vulcan 900 (current)
14,129 Posts
Simple fixes are the best!!

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
The way the tank is built on the VStars it will only gravity feed half the tank , so you have to have a fuel pump to pull the other half of the tank out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts