Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When replacing my plugs I didn't fully remove the tank. I set it off to the left and it said and tilted a bit. After reinstalling every thing the fuel gauge shows empty and the low fuel icon is flashing 8 times pause flashing 8 times. I ordered the sender unit. Can I ride with the light flashing without doing damage?

Also under the speedo cover there are 3 clips. I believe the left white clip was empty. What is the left clip for. I did have a wire coming from under the tank long enough to reach that left clip but it was tucked away. Any idea what that wire could be for?

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
6,000 Posts
Hopefully someone will answer you soon. I ride an 1100 so can't help much. Keep us informed.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Not sure if this info helps, but here you go.... My 2000 Road Star (1602cc) gas gauge shows empty and the low gas icon flashes constantly. I've run one can of SeaFoam thru the tank. I have put close to 800 miles on her with that happening.
No issues.
At the end of May, I'll be going on a 1400+ mile trip. Using the trip odo, I know I can go 150 miles before having to switch over to the reserve.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Highwayman --- I just checked you garage and the ride you have. My bike is a carb. I don't think yours is. Not sure if that matters. Just something I thought of.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It ripped out and I didn't see the wire under tank. Now the little crimp thing is stuck in the harness but at least I know what's going on now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts