Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, crashed my Vstar 650 classic and need it back on the road asap. My main concern is with a new aftermarket tank is the Speedo cable. Can it be run to the front of the new tank (where the forks are) and can I move the Speedo itself to near the handlebars?

I would replace it with an OEM tank but brand new that are $1300aud or second hand they are $700 banged up with postage from the states being over a month. Don't have the time and money as the bike is my daily. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
981 Posts
I had the speedo cable come disconnected under the face of the speedometer on my 650. When I removed the speedometer housing to reconnect it, I noticed that the cable fed back out the front then down towards the fork. I would think that you would have plenty of room to relocate to something on the handlebars. The speedometer itself is contained within the chromed piece which sits atop the tank. Its not shaped to fit on the handle bar. Have you considered an aftermarket speedometer? On the 650, it works just like the ones I had on my bicycles as a kid growing up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.