1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
I've looked at those a few times.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Nolan N-102 is another with an integral sun shield. slides down on top of clear. It's a full face flip-up.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i wouldn't buy any helmet w/o being able to try it on. i wonder what the difference is between a $100 helmet and a $300 helmet, besides the obvious
I own a HJC helmet so I know how they fit plus local shop has them. Usually way too high priced locally though.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Scorpion also makes helmets with flip down sun visors.

Higher price generally buys better fit, ventilation, less weight, less noise, etc.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Scorpion also makes helmets with flip down sun visors.

Higher price generally buys better fit, ventilation, less weight, less noise, etc.
I had one of those, it was about the same price new.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Most times, you get what you pay for, but recently, several lower end helmet makers are putting out some good lids. HJC, ICON, and Gmax come to mind.

I still prefer a Shoei though...

·
Registered
5 Posts
The wife's ZOX in small is a little heavier than her new HJC but was CHEAP and served the purpose. She wears glasses, so the flip-down shade is a big help. The HJC, with it's air dam under the chin, may not allow enough cirrculation to keep her glasses from fogging. She'll test, ONCE IT STPS RAINING!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Have several helmets for the wife and I, full faced and open from various makers including Shoei and Arai for various weather conditions.

I bought a pair of knockoffs?.. called Daytona that the face swings open and have integral sunshields built in.

Very lightweight and the sunshields are a rather nifty feature. No need to spear your eye or ear with the ends of your sunglasses as you attempt to slide them in through the fixed full faced visor.

The front of the helmet swings up and away and stays in its upright position so you don't have to worry about it falling down.

There is definitely an increase in percieved noise coming from the side seams, perhaps a higher priced helmet may have better insulation ??

My wife preferes an open helmet and dislikes full faced . This model allows her to have both during colder weather.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Most times, you get what you pay for, but recently, several lower end helmet makers are putting out some good lids. HJC, ICON, and Gmax come to mind.

I still prefer a Shoei though...
HJC has put out some better stuff of late. I bought one for the SO since she does not ride much. It's a bit heavy and noisy but $ for $ it's had to beat. I do wish they had more shell sizes than they do.

Icon is ultimate poser bullshit - form over function in a heavy, noisy, over priced low end helmet that they source from people like HJC and hike the price exponentially for nothing more than squid graphics.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I own a HJC helmet so I know how they fit plus local shop has them. Usually way too high priced locally though.
I used to ride with a HJC CL-14 helmet. It was the most comfortable helmet I ever had. HJC stopped making that line and I can't find anything to fit right now from HJC. So don't assume that just becausethe manufacturer is the same the helmet will still fit.

I keep the old helmet around for comparisons sake, but its about 8-10 years old and the straps are falling apart so I don't think I would want to have a wreck in it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts