Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There is going to be a full solar eclipse this year on August 21 on path from Oregon to South Carolina. Is anyone planning a road trip?

I have seen partial solar eclipses but never a complete one where the corona becomes visible and all the stars come out.

There are web sites that show the map of the US where it will be visible. For me it will be about a 700 mile trip to get in the "zone". http://www.eclipse2017.org/2017/maps.htm

Im 60 this year and dont know if I will get a 2nd chance to see one.

Of course it could be cloudy that day wherever I decide to go, but I figure any excuse for a 1400 mile motorcycle trip is a good reason to ride.
Its not the destination, its the journey that matters.

From upstate NY to western NC, I could ride 219 south from Buffalo, and the Blue Ridge Parkway to the Smoky Mountains national park...

·
Super Moderator
6,022 Posts
We'll be home watching it from our deck at the lake, however we have friends from Boston that are coming and bringing their bikes so we can ride some twisties while they're visiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I went to Salem Or. to visit my brother for the eclipse. Here are some pics that I took With a camera with a welding lens taped to it. On the way home traffic was insane I knew it was illegal to cut traffic in Oregon, But when three bikes went by me I went for it and got pulled over within a mile so I got back into traffic I thought about it as I had a cigaret as I sat there and realized that I was at the end of the bikes. So I waited until I saw a group of bikes in my rearview mirror and took off, They got picked off just like I was and I saved hours. My friend in a car spent almost 7 hrs to go 200 miles.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I think going through the Roseburg I was doing exits off and on to beat traffic but I'm not sure I stayed in Yreka Ca. on the way home.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts